Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Almost Doesn't Count...Usually

Steve is fond of the expression "Almost doesn't count except in horseshoes and hand grenades." So when he came home from work earlier than I was expecting and I wasn't completely done with the chores we had agreed on, I was worried.

Admittedly, I had procrastinated a tiny bit during the day. But I also had to go grocery shopping (always an adventure with our child) and my mom called wanting to talk. I could blame my failure to be completely done on those things, but to be honest, I probably would have been finished despite all that if I hadn't procrastinated.

Surprisingly, I got a reprieve. Maybe it was because he knew I wasn't expecting him home so early. Maybe it was because when he walked in, I was on the way to the washer with the load of clothes I was supposed to have washed. Maybe it was because it's our first day and I had clearly tried to some extent because everything else on my list had been done (and yes he checked).

Whatever the reason, he didn't push the issue although I did have to finish the load of clothes. He did offer a subtle warning though. Apparently, the job site he just started on is close to our home and it has strict hours for when contractors are allowed to be there. So he'll be coming home earlier than I'm used to every night until this job is done and there's a good chance he'll show up unexpectedly for lunch while he's working there.

I've definitely got to get this procrastination under control.

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.