Tuesday, June 12, 2012

And So It Begins

Last night I took a step. Not a baby step, but a huge potentially life-changing step. It took me a while, but I took it. I told my husband Steve (name changed for privacy) that I wanted to take the road less traveled, in our case domestic discipline.

There is a very long story behind my decision to ask for this and I may share some details later, but for now, suffice it to say, this is needed. Nothing we have tried to date has worked.

So last night, I finally did it. I hit send on an email I had been working on for a week, an email of close to 3000 words explaining everything I felt and why I wanted to give this a shot. To say I was scared would be an understatement. To tell the truth, I was so worried how he'd react that after hitting send and alerting Steve to the fact he had email, I immediately skedaddled for the shower and took the longest shower of my life.

I guess I spent all my courage on hitting the send button because it took me forever to get up the nerve to walk out of the bathroom. It's kind of silly because if I hadn't came out, he would have eventually came in there after me, if only to make sure I was okay.

Thankfully, he doesn't think I'm crazy and he appreciates the fact that I care enough that I would be willing to take such a wild leap. So today begins a new stage in our marriage.

Dana

4 comments:

  1. Dana,
    I just read your post lastest post, but did not want to reply there. I just wanted to say Welcome to blog land and I will look forward to following and reading your blog. Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I began reading this blog several months ago. I have to admit I didn't read the "About Us" tab at the top of the page (or a post if there was one) But, I just read it and thought this would be the best place to share, since there are no place for comments there.
    My first thoughts were... How brave and honest. After someone reads this, I hope they read that tab right afterward :)
    MrBB

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.