Monday, June 18, 2012

No Chores





I just love this sign.  I'm not a big fan of housework, which is why I tend to procrastinate when it comes to chores. I know it needs to be done, but since I don't like it, I put it off as long as I can.

You could say my philosophy on housework is this:


Unfortunately, Steve has a different philosophy on housework. Since he works his butt off every day so we can afford for me to be home with our daughter, he doesn't think it's unfair to expect me to do some household chores during the day.

So each morning he gives me a chore or set of chores that must be done by the time he gets in from work. There is a little wiggle room in the timing. If he knows I had a lot going on outside the house that day and he can see that I at least made some effort towards my chores, he'll extend the deadline to bedtime.

This morning, though, he didn't assign any chores. I don't know if he forgot (and if he did, I'm certainly not reminding him) or if he's giving me the day off since we did some major cleaning outdoors yesterday (which by mutual agreement is chore-free since it's our family day). That means I'm chore-free today other than the dishes, which have to be done by bedtime daily as a rule.

Either way, I'm taking full advantage. My plan is to kick back in my comfy chair, put my feet up and lose myself in a good book. Maybe I'll treat myself to a Jeopardy marathon since I have a couple week's worth of the DVR.

I feel like a schoolkid with an unexpected snow day.

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.