Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Having a Blah Day

I'm struggling to shake the blah today. I'm not sure why I feel this way today. It's not that I didn't get enough sleep because for last night was one of the rare ones where I actually got enough sleep. Between me being a night owl and dealing with insomnia, it's not often that I get that.

But I just don't feel like doing anything today but sitting around (now that I can comfortably again) and being lazy. I really need to get over this blah or at least get some energy to work around it. Here it is already noon and I have only done one load of laundry. I still have a bathroom to clean, a table to clear off and more laundry.

And don't forget the dishes. Since Steve made dishes a daily chore with consequences, I've been trying to do them as we go rather than face a full sink at the end of the day, but we were busy yesterday. Then a water line sprung a leak and since it was too late to get the part to fix it, he had to turn off the water to the house so I didn't have any water to do them. He made a quick run to Lowes this morning and repaired it before he left for work so I have no excuse for not going the dishes.

I know if I can't shake this blah feeling, I'm going to be paying the price tonight. I really don't want that to happen. My bottom is feeling better today and I'd like to keep it that way. But I know if I don't get my chores done, it's going to happen.

And it's not going to be nice because the spanking the other night showed Steve two things. One, I can take a harder spanking than he has been giving me (not gracefully or even quietly, but I can take it). Now that he knows that, he said to not expect the easy ones any more.

Two, even though I hate the wooden spoon, I hate the belt more. So he's decided that the belt will be used more, even if it's only at the end of a spanking with the wooden spoon to leave a lasting impression. I told him that wasn't necessary, but he disagreed. I suppose it's a good thing because that will be more of an incentive to not get in trouble, but I don't have to like it.

Dana

4 comments:

  1. dear Dana, i have just found your site. what a truly lovely read. it reminded me of when my husband and I first started out on the path of DD. lots of memories came flooding back, thank-you. I know its hard to believe but trust me the belt will get easer with time. my hubby now uses his bit Scottish belt on me now. lovley to have met you through your blog

    TW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in. Right now it is hard to imagine the belt getting easier. It hurt. I didn't like the wooden spoon either, but given the choice, I'd rather take it than another go-round with the belt.

      Delete
  2. I hope those blahs are gone!It's waaay harder in the beginning, but you'll find your rhythm, and get more used to spanking too. I am not a fan of spoons myself...there is something about the long handle along the curve that packs a deep sting! Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara. It's completely different from the way things were before DD so it's an adjustment for both of us. We're still figuring out what does and doesn't work for us. I'm sure once we get through this bumpy adjustment period and get more confident in our roles, it will get easier.

      Delete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.