Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Hesitation Over Marks

It was bound to happen and it did. When I woke up yesterday morning, I was still feeling the effects of Monday's role affirmation session. There wasn't any lingering pain, but there was definitely some tenderness if I sat down certain ways. I decided to see what was going on back there and went looking for a way to find out.

You see we're not big on mirrors so we only have two in the entire house, neither of which are full-length. Since the one in the main bathroom is part of the medicine cabinet, I turned my attention to the one in the master bath since I was pretty sure it was just a framed mirror hanging on a nail. I was right so I carefully pulled it down, propped it up at the right height and took a look.

Sure enough, my bottom had visible reminders of the spanking I had had the night before. At first I was a bit surprised. Aside from a tiny bruise a couple weeks ago (that I'm not even sure came from a spanking), I've never been left with marks. This time, however, there were several not so tiny marks and bruises.

Once I got over my initial surprise, I shrugged it off. I've always bruised easy and it's not unusual for me to find bruises on various parts of my body that I have no idea how they got there. The fact that I'm on aspirin therapy makes me even more bruise even easier.

I knew I was going to have to tell Steve about it and I wasn't sure how he would react. The subject came up sooner than planned when he came in from work and gave me a playful swat on the behind, which managed to land on the site of the biggest bruise. When I yelped a little, he asked if I was still sore. I responded yes and it looks even worse (in hindsight not the most tactful way to tell him).

So he settled our daughter with some cartoons and then led me to the bedroom to take a look. As soon as he saw the bruises, he started apologizing. He was horrified that he had left bruises. He kept apologizing.

We talked. A lot of it came down to the fact the bruises were as a result of role affirmation. He felt like he had overdid it and spanked too hard/too much for role affirmation. In a way, he was right. I had thought it was harder than usual and that it felt more like a punishment than role affirmation. But on the other hand, I had broke a rule for two days in a row (and not told him) so it felt right too.

I reminded him that I bruise easy, especially while on aspirin, and told him it looked worse than it felt. I assured him that I wasn't mad about it and I still loved him. Then I made it clear that bruises or not, the spanking was working. I was more respectful. The house was looking better. Things were getting done. So I didn't want to call it all off because I had a few unexpected bruises and marks.

He rubbed some arnica cream on the bruises and then let me off the hook for a chore I had apparently forgot. He said let me off the hook because he's not sure whether he actually told me to do it or not. While I can't remember whether he did or didn't, I suspect he actually did tell me to do it, but was wary of spanking me again, especially considering the appearance of my bottom.

I asked him if this meant he wasn't going to be spanking anymore and he said no. But in the back of my head, I'm wondering if he'll be less quick to spank for a while, at least until he gets over this.

2 comments:

  1. My husband isn't crazy about marks on "his" butt either;) It's difficult to avoid sometimes though and I think over time, as he realized that I really was ok and ok with it, it stopped bothering him so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully the arnica cream did wonders. I originally bought it for my random bumps and bruises I get, but had forgotten how fast it works. We put it on last night and it's already faded by at least 50%.

      Delete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.