Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Words I Love to Hear

This morning Steve and I were talking and I realized something. Since implementing domestic discipline, I've had several slips and one heck of a slide. Adjusting to the rules and a regular schedule of chores hasn't been easy for me. Not a week has went by that I haven't got a look (you know the one I mean), a warning or a spanking. One some weeks I've got all three, sometimes more than once.

But this week has been different. I haven't broke a single rule. I'm actually ahead on my chores since I'm going out of town and won't be here to do them. And getting ahead on my chores was something I chose to do, not something Steve told me I had to do. I haven't even came close to slipping once so there's been no looks, no warnings and no spankings.

Maybe I finally found my rhythm. After all, in a couple days, we'll be celebrating two months of being in a DD relationship. It's been a difficult adjustment and I kept thinking it's bound to get easier once I get more used to having the rules.

Maybe it was the spanking I received on Saturday that finally got things to click. It was a memorable one, one that neither Steve nor myself will forget any time soon. Maybe I needed to see him commit by stepping up in a big way before I could fully commit.

Whatever the reason, this week has been smoother than any we've had since we started DD and it's been wonderful. Instead of feeling bad because I've disappointed him or being worried because I was in trouble, I've got to enjoy time with my husband-snuggling up in his arms, talking, making love, just spending time together. So this morning when we were talking, Steve said the words I love to hear.



I'm proud of you baby.



Those five little words were music to my ears. As much as I hate to admit it, I know there have been times in the past when I said or did things that upset him. Even though he didn't say it, he wasn't proud of me then. But now he is.

He's proud of me for following the rules he's set for me-the rules that are designed to keep us all happy and healthy. He's proud of me for taking the initiative to get ahead on my chores rather than take the opportunity to get out of them since I won't be here. He's proud of me for showing I can be the woman he and I both wanted me to be.

When he said those words to me this morning, I realized something. I love hearing him say he's proud of me. I love knowing that I've made him proud of me. And I want to keep hearing those words.

So when I leave in the morning, I'm going to keep those words in mind. Because even though I know it's going to be hard to maintain my submissiveness without Steve beside me, I want to make him even prouder. I want to show him (and myself) that I can do it.

And hopefully when I get back next week, I can celebrate. Because if I make it through this week away, I'll be able to say that I haven't got in trouble for two full weeks. And that's something to be proud of.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I like hearing those words too, which honestly sort of surprises me, but that just goes to show how much I've changed over the last year. Anyway, I hope you have a good trip! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.