Saturday, September 29, 2012

Date Night Revisited

After last weekend's disaster of a date night, I was a little leery of trying for another date night so soon. But my sister was over for the weekend and she offered to babysit so we could go out. As an added bonus, we wouldn't have to rush back to pick up our daughter before bedtime because she would already be at home.

We ended up eating at home instead of going out. Earlier in the day I had tried a new crockpot recipe, completely forgetting that we were supposed to go out. Steve was already hungry when he came in from work so we ended up going ahead and eating.

Then we took off to visit the adult toy store. I don't like going to it alone because there are some skeevy characters that frequent the place and a woman alone in that type of store tends to draw unwanted attention. So we went together and had fun browsing the selection.

It was clear the store had caught on to the 50 Shades craze because they had one whole section set aside for stuff mentioned in the book, as well as some other things of a similar nature. Steve was showing a surprising interest in nipple clamps. Thankfully he was a bit shocked at the price so I was able to drag him away to another part of the store before he found something else that interested him.

A little while later, he got a phone call so I wandered back over to that section and discovered a small selection of implements. Unfortunately I wasn't paying attention to him because his call ended a little sooner than I expected and he joined me to check out my discovery. He ended up finding a new implement that wasn't too expensive.

Since we had already ate, we were at a bit of a loss when we came out of the store. Here we had the whole evening free, but couldn't think of anything to do. Neither of us are the type to go to bars or clubs.

As it turns out, my car ended up deciding things for us. My ignition switch is going bad. Since my car has headlights that come on automatically when the car is cranked, that meant they were affected to. After the headlights went out a couple times, we decided to just head home. Other than one scary moment when they blinked out again on the interstate, we made it home without incident.

He still hasn't got to try out his new implement yet because of our company. Since we don't really have a guest room, we usually put guests in our daughter's room and let her sleep with us. Needless to say, between having company in the next room and a child in our bed, there wasn't much chance of anything happening.

Now that our company has left and our daughter will be back in her own bed tonight, I have no doubt that it will be making an appearance tonight. Especially since I landed myself in some trouble yesterday and he had to postpone spanking because of the sleeping situation.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a good time together. :) Now I'm curious though about this new implement, what it is and if it's been used yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.