Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Ritual

Lillie over at A New Life for Lillian had an interesting post about rituals. She encouraged other DD couples to share their own rituals. My first thought was that we don't have a ritual. But after thinking about it for a bit, I realized that we actually do.

I'm rarely sent to our bedroom to await a punishment. However, if I know I'm in trouble, I often find myself gravitating there in the evening. Steve doesn't usually spank right away upon entering the room. The exception to this is when he sends me to our room to wait for a punishment.

Usually, though, he comes in and we snuggle up in bed to talk about our days or watch TV together. Between his job and spending time with our daughter, we don't get a lot of one on one time so he makes an effort to spend time with me.

When he's ready, he asks me if I'm ready for my spanking. Sometimes I am, sometimes I balk. Once I even asked if he wouldn't rather have a blowjob. Not my finest moment. Of course, he ended up getting one afterwards.

If I haven't already undressed, I get up and take my clothes off. I tend to drag my feet with it even if I'm accepting of the need for a spanking. Then I get in whatever position he tells me to. Sometimes it's over his lap. Sometimes it's flat on my stomach. Sometimes he sends me to get the big pillow so I can lay across it.

Once I'm in position, we talk about why I'm being punished. This is my opportunity to share my side of the story. During this time, he lectures and asks questions. I've learned over time that "I don't know." is not an acceptable answer. He always assures me that he is doing this out of love.

He will sometimes send me after an implement at this point, but most of the time he's already retrieved whatever he plans to use. Then the spanking begins. He lectures while he spanks, punctuating certain points with a harder swat. Most of the time I'm pretty good about staying in position. When I'm not, he just tells me to get back in position and I get a couple harder swats as punishment for moving. He generally doesn't restrain me at all unless I get my hands and/or feet in the way too much. Then he does it for my safety.

I stay in position after the spanking while he comforts me. He rubs my back and reassures me of his love for me. Once I'm calmer, I curl up in his arms and lay my head on his chest. I apologize again and he tells me I'm forgiven.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dana,
    That sounds all pretty democratic......your hubby is a considerate guy, I'm thinking. You also sound much more centered than I am at those moments. Good for you :)
    I have tried many times to tempt Ian from the administration of justice by the promise of generous sexual favours.....that never, ever works, and I quit trying.
    Thanks, Dana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think, all in all, it sounds like a very nice ritual. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.