Thursday, October 18, 2012

I Get the Spoon...And I Give It Back

One of Steve's oft-used expressions during spankings is "This hurts me more than it hurts you." I've always disagreed and once responded in a fit of frustration "You should try being on this end." (Remember OTK Conversations?) The first time I said it, he got cracked up. He ended up laying down the spoon and pulling me in his arms, at which point we both laughed until we were close to tears and the punishment was forgotten.

It has become our thing during spankings. He says his line and I say mine. It no longer works to end a punishment, but it does remind both of us that the reason we are doing this is because we want to have more of those laughable moments where we genuinely enjoy being together and living in harmony.

Once after a spanking, I was feeling frustrated and trying to explain to Steve why I sometimes fight a spanking, either by protesting before it starts or by moving out of position during it. I told him it hurt and since he was the one wielding the spoon, he just didn't understand how it felt and how hard it was to submit to it. He got quiet, a sure sign that he's thinking.

A minute later he handed me the spoon and rolled onto his stomach. He told me I was right and he was giving me an opportunity to show him how it felt. To say I was surprised was an understatement. I was so stunned by it that I just sat there holding the spoon in wide-eyed amazement. I mean how many spanked wives get the chance to give their HoH a few swats? Was it a trick?

But he kept laying there quietly waiting for the swats to land. I tried. I really did. After all, this was a once in a lifetime, probably never ever going to be offered again opportunity, one I'd be kicking myself for passing up the next time I found myself over his knee with that darned spoon warming my bottom. I've playfully swatted Steve with my hand before when we were playing around, but this was a whole different ball game.

I couldn't do it. It didn't feel right.

After a couple minutes, he lifted up on his elbows and looked at me. He looked from my face to the spoon laying on the bed beside me, then sat up. I took his hand, turned it palm up and laid the spoon in it with a rueful smile. I told him I couldn't do it because it didn't feel right.

And if you're wondering...

Yes, I did regret not getting in a few swats before I gave up the spoon the next time it was blazing a trail of fire across my backside.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, a once in a lifetime golden opportunity. I agree though, it just wouldn't feel right for me either. I'll bet you did regret not taking up the opportunity the next time you were on the wrong end of the spoon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still regret it every time I see him take that spoon out of the drawer. But even if he offered me another opportunity, I probably still wouldn't be able to do it.

      Delete
  2. As much as I think I would love it, I couldn't do it, either. Although, I am not going to lie - I have thought about it. I wouldn't want to be an HoH - I think it is a tough job. I might take the spankings, but he has to keep me safe and loved......I think I got the better end of that deal. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might take the spankings, but he has to keep me safe and loved.

      I love that and will have to keep it in mind.

      I know it's hard on him to be the bad guy and spank me when I mess up because he doesn't like to see me in pain. It took him a while to get past that. The first few spankings he gave me were ridiculously easy. I'm talking a few light swats over my clothes that I barely even felt.

      He still doesn't like to see me in pain, but he realizes that the pain of a spanking is nothing compared to the pain we caused each other in the past. And I can't complain too much because the things he asks of me are things I should be doing anyway.

      Delete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.