Monday, November 12, 2012

Being Hurt Sucks

To make a long story short, I got bit while sleeping a few nights ago by what we suspect was a spider, a poisonous spider at that. The reason we suspect it was a poisonous spider is that I woke up that morning with muscle cramps and pain running the entire side of my body that the bite occurred on. It's been getting progressively worse, but I have a pretty high tolerance for pain so I've just been dealing with it.

And did I mention that the bite happens to be smack dab in the middle of my left butt cheek?

Steve has been after me for a few days now to go the emergency room and get it checked out. So far I've been refusing. One, I have a thing about not seeing male doctors and our local ER is staffed entirely by male doctors. Two, I already had an appointment scheduled with my primary doctor (female of course) for tomorrow for an unrelated issue and I wanted to wait until I could see her.

Even though he wasn't happy about it, he respected my wishes. He didn't say it, but I suspect he's also a little pleased that he's the only guy that gets to see my body.

But as a result of me hurting, a few things have been non-existent for a few days. One is spanking. Thankfully I've been fairly well behaved. Yeah, I'm surprised too. Role affirmation has been postponed from tonight because I bruise easy and I really don't want to explain to the doctor why I had a bruise on my bottom when she looks at it in the morning. Not to mention, the location of the bite means he's going to have to be extremely careful of where his swats land.

The other is sex. We're pretty active when it comes to sex. I don't think I've ever just laid there and let him do his thing. Since half of my body is currently hurting due to the bite, the odds are high that we're going to bump, stretch or otherwise hurt something so he won't touch me for fear of hurting me.

Being hurt sucks. Hopefully the doctor will be able to find a quick treatment to get me back to normal.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Dana how awful. I hope you are feeling better soon!

    Hugs

    Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wilma. It's been driving me crazy. If I knew they would find me a female doctor if I went to the ER, I would have gave in days ago. Thankfully, my appointment is in the morning so I don't have to wait much longer.

      Delete
  2. Oh Dana....that sounds awful. As the mother of a soon to be female Dr. I am happy to hear that they are appreciated. Spider bites (I also have an entomologist son) are more common than a person realizes, or so I have been told.
    I hope that you get some much needed relief when you visit your regular physician and the symptoms don't stay with you too long,
    hugs hugs hugs
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lillie. Aside from the rare occasion when I had no choice but to see a male, I've always went to a female doctor. I find it easier to talk to them, especially when it comes to female issues. And in my experience, they tend to be more compassionate and thorough, rather than rushing you out the door.

      I'm counting the hours until I can go. I got down in the floor this evening and I didn't think I was going to be able to get back up.

      Delete
  3. Oh Dana, sounds aweful. I am glad you are going to get it checked out and understand your reluctance to go to the ER under the circumstance. Good call on putting a hold on role affirmation!

    I hope you are feeling better soon! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.