Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Isn't He Sweet?

If you missed yesterday's post, I was diagnosed with shingles yesterday morning at my doctor's appointment. It came as a complete surprise.

I did confess to Steve that the doctor had said it would have been better if I had got treatment within 72 hours. He did fuss at me for not getting looked at when he wanted me to, but decided not to punish me because I'm already hurting.

On that same note, spankings are temporarily off the table for now while I'm healing. However, he did warn that I was not to take that as an invitation to go crazy because he would spank if he saw the need.

Now for the sweet part. First he pampered me last night. He gave me a nice, long massage. If I needed or wanted anything, he jumped right up to get it for me so I didn't have to get up and down. He held me in his arms and stroked my hair until the pain medicine kicked in. I could get used to all that.

He's also taken on some of the household chores to make things easier on me. Last but not least, he's taken over getting our daughter off to school in the mornings. This has two benefits. One, it allows me to stay in bed and rest longer. Steve normally doesn't have to go into work until a little later so he's giving up his chance to sleep in so I can rest. I ended up sleeping until 10:30 this morning.

Two, it means I have to do less driving. While I normally don't mind that my car is a stick shift, with my entire left side in pain, pushing the clutch hurts. I still have to pick her up in the afternoons, but with Steve making the morning run, it's one less trip I have to make.

Isn't he sweet?

6 comments:

  1. Ahhh, he is sweet. I just love when they do things like that....it is the little things that matter. I would take those types of moments over candy and flowers any day :D

    Hope you feel better soon....

    ~Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy. It is the little things that mean the most.

      Delete
  2. Hey Dana,
    Your Steve is a sweetie indeed, and you probably need the tlc right now. I don't know if you got my dietary comment.....I will hit the high points. An amino acid that our bodies make naturally (that I can't remember the name of but could be googled) may promote viral reproduction is also found in lentils, chocolate, brown rice and many nuts, and thus should probably be avoided. However, Lysine found in red meat, fish, beans and seaweed may inhibit viral production in shingles cases and perhaps should be eaten when recovering.
    So, if you like sushi with fish and white rice, this might be a good time to enjoy.
    Hope you feel better very soon,
    hugs from lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see it Lillie and thanks for writing more about it. I don't like sushi, but I like red meat and fish. I'll see if I can talk Steve into grilling some steak tonight and serve rice as a side. And maybe tomorrow I'll broil some fish. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Hi Dana, lovely post. He is a sweetie indeed. Love that he gave you a massage and stroked your hair until the pain meds kicked in. Glad that he has taken over some of the chores and the morning school run to enable you to get some more rest.

    Wonderful that he is taking such good care of you, you need the TLC right now. Doesn't it make you feel so loved and cared for :)

    I hope you are feeling much better soon.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz. It definitely makes me feel very loved and cared for. A little spoiled even. He really is a wonderful husband.

      Delete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.