Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Very Special Day

Today is a special day. It's a milestone event in two ways.

Six months ago, I brought the concept of domestic discipline to Steve and changed our relationship forever. These past six months have been a season of growth. We've learned a lot about each other, but even more about ourselves. Had you asked me just a few months ago if we were going to make it this far, I'm not sure I would have said yes.

But we did it. We rode the highs of our accomplishments and dug out from the lows of our failures. And in doing it together, we've become a stronger couple than I could have ever imagined.

Today also marks eight years from the very first time we went on a date. It's a funny story really. I actually was supposed to go on a date with another guy that night, but he had stood me up at the last minute. I was griping to a friend about getting all dressed up for nothing when Steve piped up and said he would love to take me out.

I was a little hesitant at first because I really didn't know him that well. But after being cooped up at home for a week sick and then getting stood up by my date after spending hours getting ready, I decided to take a chance. That chance ended up being the best decision of my life. We hit it off right away, fell head over heels and were married less than four months later.

I never thought I'd be grateful for someone standing me up, but in this case, I'm glad that guy did it. If he hadn't, I might not have ever went on that first date and wouldn't be celebrating eight years with the man of my dreams.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations Dana and Steve!

    Isn't it wonderful how that 'blind date' worked out. Guess the other guy was just too blind to see what a wonderful woman you are and Steve wasn't. Ya snooze, ya lose. :D

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. I thank my lucky stars every day that it worked out the way it did. I always say that God must have known the other guy wasn't right for me and Steve was.

      Delete
  2. That's such a sweet "how we met/started out story! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely story Dana, and sweet. I love the how we met stories. Congratulations to you both, and on your ttwd journey so far. You have come a long way.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz. It is always interesting to hear how people met. We have definitely came a long way since then.

      Delete
  4. Aaawww, how sweet! It was meant to be! Congrats on your 6 month mark with DD and on being together for 8 years! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I like to say. Thanks Grace.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful Dana! So glad everything worked out and many many happy returns of this day :)
    hugs
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lillie. I plan on still leading him a merry chase for years to come. LOL

      Delete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.