Sunday, December 16, 2012

Patience

Steve has the stomach flu. You know the coughing, fever, headache, full body achiness, upset stomach, fatigue and general crappy feeling that goes around every year.

But wait, he is a man so his is much worse than any person on the planet has ever experienced. I've been serenaded by moans, groans, cries of "I don't think I'm going to make it." and whines about "You just don't know how bad I feel."

Don't get me wrong, I do feel bad for him. I know he doesn't feel well. It's obvious just by looking at him that he doesn't. But whining is one of those things that drives me up the wall. I don't even like to deal with whining from our daughter, much less a grown man.

And getting woke up multiple times during the night because he wanted someone to listen to him whine did not go over well with me. When I woke up this morning, I was tired, not feeling all that great myself and my usual morning crankiness (I'm not a morning person to begin with) was bordering on bitchiness. Lord, grant me the patience to not strangle him before he's over his man flu.

In the meantime, enjoy these cartoons and videos.









13 comments:

  1. OMG too funny!
    After I had my first, I had a physically rough delivery ( if you catch my drift) and I could only walk with extreme difficulty. I was carrying the baby across the room, when a nurse friend of mine who was visiting asked

    "So how are you feeling?"

    BARNEY chimed in! " Well I've had not much sleep but...."

    She had to run to grab the baby I was laughing so hard she thought I was going to drop him!

    Good luck with not smothering Steven Dana!

    Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the guys just don't get the pregnancy and childbirth thing. After going round with Steve a couple times over clueless remarks, I now just give him a look.

      Delete
  2. Oh, gosh, I'm so sorry he's sick! Such a difficult situation when the mighty men are laid low. By a bug. Fairly certain they are dying.
    Sending well wishes his way. And do keep yourself away from the pillows. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be in their DNA Rogue because it's been like this with every man I've ever known. They get a sniffle and think they're dying.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the cartoons and video - they are great. Oh how well I remember Dana. My ex had to announce ever 5 minutes just how bad he felt - cold, flu, sniffles, didn't matter - he felt worse than anyone else has ever felt. :D Congratulations for not strangling or smothering Steve - take Rogue's suggestion and keep away from the pillows. :) Hope he gets well soon so that you can get some rest!

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. So far he's still among the living, although to hear him talk, he's at death's door.

      Delete
  4. OMG, Willie, I can so relate! After going thru hours of labor where I'm in so much pain that I'm physically ill several times & finally delivering our son, my husband says, "Well, that wasn't so bad." If I could have got up at that moment I think I would have clobbered him! LOL! I will say tho that I have it good as far as when he gets sick. He rarely ever says anything & prefers to be left alone which I'm more than happy to do cause I don't want whatever he has!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, Dana, I enjoyed the cartoons & video! I'll keep you & Steve in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...poor guy. And poor YOU! Hang in there!

    PS "He's got a man-cold..." Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Steve feels better soon, for both your sakes! Hang in there meamtime, and stay away from those pillows!

    Love the pics and video. Lol Willie and Janice.

    I am lucky with Rick, he is usually pretty good when sick.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  8. SOooo TRUE!!!!! I've always wondered why my husband gets sick on the weekends and I get sick while he's on a business trip?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dane, enjoyed the cartoon & video.
    Best wishes to you, hang in there.
    And a speedy recovery for Steve!
    MrBB

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.