Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Flu Has Landed

As you may recall, Steve has the flu. Thankfully he's starting to feel better although he's still pretty weak. To my surprise, after I griped sweetly reminded him about my feelings on whining, he did tone it down so even though it was rough having him sick, it wasn't too bad.

Unfortunately, I now have it too. I had been on the verge of it for several days with a general achy, tired feeling and a headache that wouldn't go away, but it wasn't until Tuesday when I woke up with a fever of 102 that it kicked in.

Steve has been great about it. Even though he's not completely back to normal yet, he took over things so I could get some rest. He even picked up a container of hot and sour soup from the local Chinese restaurant for me since he knows that's all I want to eat when I'm sick.

So far our daughter has managed to avoid getting it, but odds are she'll be coming down it any time now. She's already been complaining about a headache and slightly upset stomach. Since she has only one day of school left before Christmas break, I'm hoping it holds off just a little longer if she is coming down with it.

Hopefully we'll all be over this crud soon. In the meantime, the holiday celebration for my side of the family has been postponed. We were supposed to leave tomorrow driving over to spend the weekend, but given how we're all feeling, I didn't want to chance being around the family members that have weak immune systems, not to mention my sister's baby. Thankfully everyone was willing to postpone until we're back on our feet, which is great because I was really bummed that I was going to miss out on seeing everyone, especially those that I only get to see at holidays.

In case I don't get another chance to get on here before Christmas (Steve's already telling me to get back in bed), I'm wishing everyone Merry Christmas from our family to yours.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you all get to feeling better soon. Stay in bed and rest as much as possible. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm sorry Dana. It doesn't seem fair that you were sick at Thanksgiving and now at this time does it?

    I hope your little one feels better soon. My youngest was down for only a day- Thank Goodness!

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    Willie

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.