Monday, January 28, 2013

Don't Push the Buttons

As you may recall, I spent last Thursday sitting on a sore bottom. Steve's sweet, submissive wife had flown out the window the day before and things hadn't gone well. The day was bad enough but what really cooked my goose was pushing his buttons.

Now that he's enforcing the no disrespect rule, pushing buttons is a big offense. It's not just disrespect. It's deliberate disrespect. So I got spanked.

Now you would think that after that, I'd settle down and behave. I did, at least for a few days. I made it all the way to last night before landing myself in hot water. He said something that rubbed me the wrong way and I began composing my button pushing symphony. Needless to say, he didn't find my symphony as pleasing as I did.

A warning was issued and then a second one. I heard both, but I guess I was feeling too secure in the total darkness to worry. A problem with the power lines had knocked out our power and the power to every house around. Even the moon seemed to be hiding. I guess you could say I was too caught up in pushing his buttons to realize I was pushing my own self destruct button.

Even when I felt the bed shift and then heard the dresser drawer slide open, I didn't worry too much. After all, he's not going to spank me in the dark when he can't see what he's doing. No matter how irritated he was. He wouldn't take a chance on inadvertently injuring me. I was right about that.

But I forgot that the power had went out two times already before this and he had put one of our small flashlights in his pocket after the first time so it would be handy. Sure enough the bed shifted again and then I heard the clink of his belt buckle as he picked up his jeans and retrieved the flashlight.

As soon as the flashlight's beam lit the room, I started back-pedaling. But it did no good. Not that I really expected it to, but a girl can always hope.

He then proceeded to light my backside on fire with the paddle. Every time he would stop and I would think he was done, he'd just lecture for a minute and then go right back to swatting. The power came during one of the pauses and he dropped the flashlight and said "Good now I can see even better." and swatted some more.

When it was over, I was definitely regretting the button-pushing. After I snuggled in his arms for comfort for a few minutes, we started talking. I told him about the remark that had rubbed me wrong and he apologized for it. I apologized for pushing buttons to irritate him instead of just talking to him. And all was well in our world.

So the moral of today's story is this: Don't push your HoH's buttons in the dark unless you're absolutely sure there are no other lighting sources around. Or better yet, just don't push his buttons.

28 comments:

  1. Don't push his buttons...huh...who would have thought? ;)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems so logical now, Sara, but in the heat of the moment, I have to admit I'm a pusher.

      Delete
  2. Sorry your bottom hurts. But, I had to laugh that he was that determined he just used the flashlight ;) I will remember this warning though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In hindsight, it was pretty funny Tricia. There he was with the flashlight clamped in his mouth and the paddle in his hand. I was squirming and he kept telling me to stay still because I was getting out the light and he needed to see what he was doing.

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh Dana - I'm so sorry - but that made me giggle. "Don't move, you are blocking my light!" lol

      I love that you both apologized and learned something about yourselves and one another. That's what it's all about, right? :)

      Delete
    3. Yes, this is the spanking that's going to always be remembered. When I'm old and gray, I'll still be cracking up over being spanked by flashlight.

      Delete
  3. I am always amazed at how resourceful Ian can be when he sets out to give me a spanking. Like keeping a mailman from his appointed rounds, "snow, nor sleet, not dark of night..."
    Glad all is well now and you might want to sit on those hands if the urge to push buttons comes up again.
    hugs
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lillie. You know they say necessity is the mother of all invention. I think that definitely applies to our HoHs.

      Delete
  4. Someone needs to tell my H spanking in the dark is a bad idea. He once swatted me in pitch black and it landed way too high and got me on the back. Ouch!

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch Callie. Steve accidentally landed a swat a little too high once. It was my fault for moving but it definitely hurts. Now I make sure if I move, I don't scoot down.

      Delete
  5. Sorry Dana but I couldn't help giggling over the pics and Steve's resourcefullness...spanked by flashlight! Hope your bottom is feeling better today and that you have no button-pushing urges.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my Steve. Mr Resourceful. I should have known better. He's never been one to just sit back if there isn't an immediate solution. He'll find some other way to do things.

      Delete
  6. I could just imagine the shadows that were cast lol. Er...sorry. Dana about your bum.

    Hugs
    Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully we have thick curtains in the bedroom. Otherwise the neighbors probably wouldn't have known what to think.

      Delete
  7. Oh dear Dana, good lesson for all of us. Sorry you got spanked.

    I think I can understand you feeling semi safe in the dark. It's so amazing how resourceful they can be once determined though isn't it? Sorry, but I had to giggle at a spanking by flashlight. LoL Willie.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does amaze me how resourceful he is once he sets his mind on something Roz. I guess you could say our consistency bet worked better than I thought it would. Before our little bet, he would have backed down rather than spank by flashlight.

      Delete
  8. Oh my I had to laugh. Just an image of Flash light in the mouth and paddle in the hand lol
    You know those buttons should come with a warning.......... Ehm maybe they do :)
    Sorry about your backside and keep those fingers away from the button x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely need some warning buttons, ones that light up in flashing neon while a siren wails any time we get anywhere close.

      Delete
  9. Ah Dana...I am the queen of button pushing this past week and I wish I could tell you how to magically make it stop, but some weeks are just like that.

    He is quite efficient...lol...not even power outages stop him. Impressive.

    Be good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After getting spanked twice in less than week over pushing buttons, I think I'm going to retire my button-pushing fingers for a bit. He's definitely efficient.

      Delete
  10. Button pushing...yeah...I may know a thing or two about that. And I may have ended up with a sore bottom because of it to, just once or twice or twenty bazillion times. Hmmph. The truth is, I'm an expert button pusher...or...I was. It's been one of the big things that I've been working on changing since we started doing ttwd. However, we both enjoy a bit of button pushing in fun, and that line can be hard to see sometimes. I'm learning to recognize it better. And yet, there are still times when I'll go gleefully pole vaulting over it (as Michael likes to say) and those are the times when I land myself in hot water. Anyway, good luck avoiding those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is something I'm trying to work on Grace, but this last week was not one of my better ones as far as that goes.

      Delete
  11. Well, it's good to know that when you're in the dark, he will help you see the light? :) Hang in there, Dana!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, your poor behind. Yep, definitely make sure you hide the flashlights if you do need to push buttons. :) I am glad that you'll be talking more next time he says something that pushes you wrong, it's something I have to learn to do better as well... sometimes it just seems too hard because what they say gets us riled up so much. I hope your bottom feels better by now! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have said something about hiding the flashlights from now on and he told me I couldn't. But he didn't say anything about taking the batteries out of them....

      Delete
  13. I'm late to the party. Ward is at lunch and we're talking and I was telling him about the post and he said - "I wouldn't need a flashlight" O_O

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your poor bottom. I would have to admit that I am among those thinking that no power in the house means no spanking. I guess I should keep this in mind, just in case.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.