Friday, January 18, 2013

For My Fellow Lead Foots

I have to admit I was a little surprised at how many lead foots there are in our little DD blog community. So as a public service, I decided to look for some things that can help us beat our need for speed.

June started the ball rolling by suggesting in the comments that I get a keychain to serve as a reminder of the perils of speeding.


If I could see it while I was driving, it might do the trick, but unfortunately, the way my car is designed, you can't see the keys (or any keychains) when you're driving. So I had to look for other options.

Maybe I should place this sticker over the number 60 on my speedometer. Of course it wouldn't help me much if the speed limit is lower than 60 and I'd probably ignore it when I'm traveling and get into 70mph speed zones.


Perhaps we need something a little less subtle, something like this sticker on the speedometer. I think seeing this red hand might help encourage slowing down to a more reasonable speed.


If all fails, our HoHs could always do this next one. I have to admit that it might work for me. If I didn't know how fast I was going once I crossed into the blocked out area, I might not be willing to chance it. By much anyway.


Maybe I should just hang a mini hairbrush from my rear view mirror. Just drill a hole in the handle and run a piece of cord through it. To a vanilla person, it just looks like I'm prepared for any hair emergency. For anyone in a DD relationship, it's a strong reminder. Of course then you have to worry that your HoH might use it on you if you start acting up while traveling.


It's not really subtle and if a vanilla friend or family member gets in your car, you'll have some explaining to do, but this sticker is always an option, especially if placed where you will see it every time you drive.

Maybe I should design a special car for us ladies. I envision it automatically sensing the speed limit and should the speedometer go more than 5 past the speed limit, a recording of our HoH's voice will play reminding us to "Slow down or else!" Maybe the seat warmer will automatically turn on as well, bringing warmth to our bottoms, a clear indication of what we can expect for speeding.

14 comments:

  1. lol Thanks for the giggles Dana! What a cute and clever post! But, any lady with a lead foot may not want to let their HOH see it! Thankfully, speeding is a problem of the past for me...well...mostly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I probably wouldn't want Steve to get any ideas.

      Delete
  2. ROFL Dana. My name is Cat and I'm a lead foot. ;)

    Have a great and slower weekend!

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've did good so far Cat. Of course I haven't drove much either...

      Delete
  3. Hmmmm, perhaps that seat warmer should come on the minute the ignition is turned. The 'high' setting becomes too warm after a while.... :)

    I, too, love to hit the road and open her up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we should have it get warmer the faster the car goes.

      Delete
  4. Hmmmm...... H used to have a thing in his car that would make a siren noise if I went over 10km over the limit. I was really annoying, especially when he was sleeping in the passenger seat and got woken up :(

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that was annoying. After just a day or two of that, I'd be digging in Steve's tools and trying to figure out how to disconnect it.

      Delete
  5. I was doing reasonably well with a nice lady-like chuckle until I got to the 'hair emergency' bit & I lost it :-P Very cute. Ward at lest would not let that handy hairbrush go unloved, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better not let Ward see this. He might get ideas. LOL

      Delete
  6. LoL Dana, thanks for the giggle. Very cute and clever. Love the hairbrush, but agree it's a dodgy idea.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Roz, I can see the hairbrush backfiring in a bad way on long trips.

      Delete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.