Tuesday, January 8, 2013

She's Out to Get Me


I told you last week about my daughter tattling on me after I had specifically told her not to tell Steve something. Steve got a kick out of it and I jokingly said that she was out to get me. After yesterday, I'm wondering if she really is trying.

Yesterday's chore was to clean the living room. Admittedly, it was overdue for a good cleaning. I still hadn't taken down the tree and Christmas decorations. There were toys strewn from one end to the other. It was a bit of a mess.

As I cleaned, I realized that probably 90% of the mess was our daughter's. So I cleaned up most of the room, but decided to make her pick up the rest when she got home from school. That's where I hit the problem. She picked up a couple things and then quit.

Since I was busy working on something else in another room, I didn't catch it right away. By the time I did, I was in the middle of cooking supper and Steve was pulling in the driveway. Needless to say, it didn't get finished.

Even though the room looked a lot better than it had when I started, Steve doesn't consider a chore done unless it's completely finished. I explained the situation and hoped for the best. While he agreed with my decision about making her pick up some of the mess since it was mostly hers, he said it was ultimately my responsibility to make sure it was done. That meant either doing it myself or making sure she did what she was told. So I still got in trouble.

Since the chore in question was part of my gambling spree the previous week, he wanted to make a point. And he did. When I came to bed, he pulled back the blanket for me, only to reveal the paddle he already had got out. It was not pleasant at all. There was no warmup, just hard rapid-fire swats that had me squirming and yelping pretty much immediately.

But I did get a little lucky. He was close to being done, but planning on a few more extra-hard swats to make sure I got the point when our dog interfered. He didn't growl at Steve or try to bite the paddle like he has before. Instead, he laid down across my backside. My hero. So rather than fight the dog, Steve stopped there. Did I mention how much I love this dog?


Today, I'm definitely feeling the results of that spanking. It was not an easy one and I tensed up, something I try not to do. Normally Steve notices if I'm tensing and will stop to urge me to relax, but he didn't last night. So while I don't have a single mark on my backside, the muscles I tensed during the spanking are definitely sore.

14 comments:

  1. LOL Dana - Yup, sounds like she is definitely out to get you. ;) Dang, gotta stay on top of those little stinkers. So sorry you got spanked because of it. Ooh, gotta love that dog - hope he got a special treat! Hope the soreness goes away soon.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm telling you, Cat, I'm beginning to think she is. And I do love that dog. He got a treat for his heroics.

      Delete
  2. I don't blame Steve for stopping...who could resist that face! Funny how they protect us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he's my little protector. Now if I could just train the rest of the dogs to do it, I'd have my own butt-protecting army. LOL

      Delete
  3. I guess a big part of your task is making sure the kiddos stay on task as well. Those teenager creatures sound like they can be tough cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the sad part Tess. She's not a teenager, not even close. She's just stubborn. Gee I wonder who she gets that from.

      Delete
  4. Love the dog, that was awesome! Sounds like your daughter is the one to look out for though! That sign certainly is appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's my little hero. What makes it even funnier is that he's actually Steve's dog. But he takes his job as protector seriously.

      Delete
  5. I've said it on Callie's blog and I'll say it here, I need a new dog! Sheeesh. Barney is not allowed to hug me- but ya know spank away.

    The 'great' thing if you will that has come out of this, hopefully is that you will not do it for her,but make darn sure she follows through with what you ask of her- because Steve IS going to follow through with you. Kids need to know they have to be responsible for there surroundings. And this will make things a 'tad' easier once she is older...lol...right! But true :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you lived closer Willie, I could have gave you one of his puppies a couple weeks ago.

      I did tell Steve that I wanted him to start backing me up when I tell her to do something, maybe even for him to be the one to tell her to do stuff. The problem is that he's used to me handling her, whether it's telling her to clean her room or disciplining her, because I've always been home with her.

      I speak from experience when I say he's an effective disciplinarian. Maybe it's time he started handling that area with her.

      Delete
  6. Hi Dana, sorry about the spanking. I hope that Steve will also talk to your daughter and back you up in getting her to do what you ask. As the others have said, I guess you need to make sure she follows through with what you ask.

    Love your protector, a hero indeed! Glad he got a treat for his efforts :) We have cats and they are useless, they run away!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz. I don't mean to come across as saying he doesn't back me up. It's just that he's used to me handling things with her because I'm with her most of the time and he's gone working a lot. If he is here and I tell her to do something, he will get after her.

      The getting her to follow through is the hard part because she's as stubborn as I am. She did help finish the room today. I think the fact that I had a sore bottom over it made me more determined to make sure she followed through.

      Delete
  7. Omg I love the picture of the dog! Do you have a chihuahua? That's at I have he keep waiting for one of them (specifically the boy, who is mine. The girl is my husbands) to be my euro, but they don't care, lol.

    My girls don't do anything being told just once. Drives me nuts! I did get them to clean up there stuff, but I had to keep reminding last night. They're 5 & 3, but I'm probably more lenient than I should be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My little hero is a mini pin although he does look similar to the one in the picture. The rest of our dogs are chihuahua mix.

      It's hard to be the disciplinarian when they're that young. Mine is 6. We mainly do time out and loss of privileges if she misbehaves and save the spanking for major issues (like if she does something dangerous that she knows she isn't supposed to do). I'll never forget putting her in time out one day and having her tell me that I was a mean mommy and she didn't like my any more. It broke my heart.

      Delete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.