Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Not So Scary After All

I couldn't sleep the other night so I spent a lot of time thinking. After I woke up from the few hours of sleep I managed, the same thing was on my mind. I had pretty much made up my mind to talk to Steve about it, but was trying to figure out how to do it.

When it comes to most things, I don't have a problem talking to Steve. I bring up the subject and we're off with me freely talking about whatever it is I want to talk about. I generally don't hesitate. I just dive right in.

But when it comes to DD, I seem to have a stumbling block. It literally took me over a year to work up the nerve to introduce the topic of DD to Steve. I was scared he'd think I was crazy. He didn't. If anything, he was flattered that I cared enough to want to change the way things were. Whenever I've needed to talk to him about something that's part of DD (say asking for a spanking that I need), I hesitate.

I'm not really sure why. I trust him completely. He's always been open and willing to hear me when I need to talk about something. He's even told me before that he appreciates it when I tell him what's on my mind so he's not left stumbling around trying to figure it out. Yet I still have trouble speaking freely when it comes to DD.

Anyway, I spent most of the day debating about how to broach the subject. I wrote a text and then deleted it without sending it. I wrote an email and then deleted it without sending it.

He noticed I was quiet, which is a sure-fire sign something is on my mind. He commented on me being quiet, but didn't push for a reason. I know he was probably wondering, but I appreciated that he was willing to let me have some space to work things out on my own before he started pushing.

As it turns out, Steve was the one that brought up the subject. That was enough to get me to admit that it had been on my mind as well. Then I started talking a little. Thankfully the man seems to be able to read my mind at these times because whenever I'd trail off, he filled in the blanks.

The funny thing about the whole situation is that what I had been thinking about and trying to work up to talking about was the exact same thing that was on his mind. So once we got past my initial hesitation, we were able to talk about it easily.

So basically I spent the whole day working myself into a tizzy over something that really wasn't so scary after all. Maybe I should take this as a learning experience and accept that I really can talk to him about anything and he's not going to run off into the woods screaming about the crazy lady that is his wife.

16 comments:

  1. I have the same problem over talking about something with Rose, but in my case, when I finally broach the subject, it doesn't go well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only problem.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your talk went well Dana! It can be hard to open up about these things, as it makes us feel vulnerable. Sometimes I can talk quite freely with Michael and other times I worry and fret about it too much instead of just diving in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you nailed it Grace. As much as I've opened up to Steve these past months, there are still times I feel vulnerable. When I do, it's hard to open my mouth.

      Delete
  3. Oh bless Dana, glad it was easier than you thought. Sometimes these men are mind readers aren't they?
    love Jan.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem like it at times, Jan, although there's been times I wish he would just read my mind. It would make it a lot easier.

      Of course there's times it's a good thing he can't read my mind...

      Delete
  4. Your last paragraph...so been there. :) You would think everything would be easy after that initial "please don't think I'm crazy talk". Good to see you two both thinking the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rogue. You would think it would get easier over time, but it isn't. Like Grace commented, I think an increased vulnerability is the reason.

      Delete
  5. I think that's cute...minus your needless worry of course...but, just that you guys were on the same page after all:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice finding out he was on the same page Tess.

      Delete
  6. Hey Dana...So happy to see that your talk went well. You are learning that you really can talk to Steve about anything! ;)

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a process Cat, but I am learning.

      Delete
  7. Hi Dana, glad the talk went well. Interesting you were on the same wave length, I think it shows you are in synch with each other.

    It is hard to open up sometimes. I think some of it is that we may think we are trying to take contro, and that really isn't the case.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I'm not so great at opening up anymore. I hope to be again, but there is a road block there. Happy to hear that even though you worried all day, things went well. Who knows maybe the worrying this time will be a reminder for next time, to trust Steve?

    willie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it funny how we get ourselves all worked up? We've been married to these men for years, and even closer now with DD, yet we still have those fears. It is so great that you were able to talk and work it all out. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.