Sunday, March 17, 2013

Snappy, the Fall and Love Notes

You're probably wondering what all these things have in common, but I promise they're related. Just bear with me for a few and it will all make sense.

As you may recall, Steve sent Snappy on her way the other night. Unfortunately, Snappy can be a bit persistent. She snuck back in yesterday and said a few things that were borderline. I shooed her away, which is probably what saved me.

She popped back up again today. I could tell she was really starting to irritate Steve so I tried to shut her up. That lasted a little while, at least until I took a tumble right after we got back from being out. Somehow Steve and our daughter missed the fact that I had fell and went in the house without me.

When I fell, I banged myself up pretty good. Nothing was broke (at least I don't think it was), although I'm skinned up in a few spots and managed to sprain my wrist and ankle. It wasn't until I tried to get up that I realized I couldn't. So I sat there on the ground and waited for someone to notice that I was missing and come looking for me.

By the time Steve came out, I was pretty ticked off and Snappy was back and ready to fight. She chewed him up one side and down the other. When he tried to help me up, she even told him to leave me the h*ll alone. He was surprisingly patient with both of us, not saying a whole lot although he did say he didn't know what was going on with me, but we needed to fix it.

Finally once she realized that there was no way I could get up without his help, she relented. He helped me up and I hobbled into the house, at which point Snappy disappeared. I went into the bedroom,flopped down on the bed, curled up in a ball and started crying. I don't know if it was this emotional storm I've been caught in for the last couple days or the pain from the fall, but I could not stop crying. I was still crying when Steve came in a few minutes later to check on me.

He didn't say anything, just rubbed my back until I calmed down. Then he offered to make me lunch, which kind of surprised me because he very rarely cooks for me. He's been pampering me ever since. He's been taking care of our daughter, bringing me things so I don't have to get up and urging me to rest.

This evening we went out to dinner. It wasn't anything fancy, just fast food, but it was a meal I didn't have to cook (or do dishes from). As we sat at the table waiting on our order to be ready, I was looking at the hot sauce packets. I always get a kick out of reading them. Then I found one I liked and slid it across the table to him.


He read it and smiled. A few minutes later, a hot sauce packet came sliding across the table to me.


I looked up to see that mischievous smirk that I first fell in love with years ago. I know sayings on a hot sauce packet aren't your typical love note, but that silly exchange was great for us.

I think I'll send Snappy on a long vacation. Do you think she'd like the Bermuda Triangle? Maybe Scrappy and TOG would like to go with her.

18 comments:

  1. Dana...Cute love notes...the smallest, most insignificant things can really make us smile can't they. ;)

    Send Snappy somewhere fast before she writes a check your butt can't cover!

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. So far I haven't seen Snappy so let's home she took a long vacation. Steve already said last night that if it wasn't for the fact I was so banged up, I'd be OTK.

      Delete
  2. Aww. Too sweet :) Sorry you fell but happy Snappy didn't get you in trouble
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tricia. She was trying, but thankfully Steve doesn't like to spank if I'm hurt, which is probably what saved my hide.

      Delete
  3. Hi Dana, very cute love notes. I love these little fun moments.

    Sorry to hear about your fall, it sounds nasty. I'm glad Snappy didn't get you into trouble. I agree with Cat, we need to send Snappy and Scrappy out of harms way!

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's those little moments that make it worth everything Roz. It was a pretty rough fall. I'm still pretty sore today.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry you hurt yourself and it's impossible for Snappy to not come out in those moments, but it sure sounds like Steve is taking good care of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, Snappy was in full fighting mode after that fall. I was hurting and pretty ticked off. Steve is taking good care of me though so at least I get some pampering out it.

      Delete
  5. Oh Dana, hope you are okay today. It's amazing how when we fall it is so hard to recover from and when a child falls they get up and play! I hate getting old. Please don't send Scrappy to England I don't want her. LOve Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. Don't worry. I plan to send Snappy far away so it will take her a while to figure out how to come back.

      Delete
  6. I hope you are having a better day today and recovering well. We just don't bounce back like we use to could. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lilmisses. I'm still a little sore today, but the swelling has gone down quite a bit. Hopefully I'll be back to normal by the weekend.

      Delete
  7. Glad you are doing better, the notes were just perfect. Love when life has a way of working out for us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaawww, I think the hot sauce love notes are very sweet (oh wait, maybe spicy is a better word? lol). I'm sorry you fell and hope you're feeling better (inside and out)! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace. I am feeling better.

      Delete
  9. Sometimes our mindless thinking just gets the best of us but glad things turned out ok

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiffany. My mouth has tendency to get ahead of my mind.

      Delete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.