Monday, April 8, 2013

A Smaller Target

This past week I got fed up with being overweight and decided to make some changes. I started walking again and plan to add in some Tae Bo once I get a little more stamina built up. I'm watching what I eat and diligently tracking it to pinpoint problem areas. I even kicked my Pepsi habit and have been drinking water.

I didn't tell Steve at first, but he caught on pretty quickly. It was probably because I started cooking healthier meals. While he thinks I'm beautiful just the way I am and won't put up with me making disparaging remarks about myself, he did say he was glad to see me making an effort to get healthier because he wants me around for a long time.

Then he made me laugh by asking if I was trying to lose weight so he'd have a smaller target to aim at. We had a good laugh over that one and then he gave a light swat and said if he could find my butt in the dark (post here if you missed it), he could certainly find it even if it's smaller.

Oh well, at least it will look good while it's getting swatted.

11 comments:

  1. HAHAHA, I like that idea. I'm currently trying to lose weight too, in case my husband starts making comments, I'll have to remember that, that he'll have a smaller target to aim at! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My theory is if it's smaller, there's less area to set on fire. LOL

      Delete
  2. I've been exercising and drinking water, but it's high time for me to take a better look at my eating habits and the other things I'm drinking besides water. I know I can do it...I just need to make the decision and follow through. Thanks for the inspiration and good for you! (funny about the smaller target too! lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Logging my food has helped a lot Grace. I use SparkPeople. It has trackers so you can log food and exercise, a database of healthy recipes, articles by fitness and nutrition experts and an amazing support community. Best of all it's free.

      Delete
    2. Very interesting. I'll have to check it out Dana. Thanks for sharing! :)

      Delete
  3. Hmmmm, smaller targets receive more intense attentions & sensations...just sayin' :-p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you. You can do this. I love the joke.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, we all try and make a smaller target, I'm concerned that just means the swats are more concentrated on a smaller area though ;(
    Good luck Dana!

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you Dana! I'm cheering you on, you can do it! LoL at Steve, such an Hoh'y thing to say.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheering you on Dana! I would like a smaller target also but I agree with some, this only means it will be more intense b/c of less surface area :/

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.