Friday, May 10, 2013

Cleaning

She entered the room with purpose, a garbage bag in her hand. Working quickly, she gathered each one from its resting place, tossing them on the bed as she went. When they were all assembled, she started.

The first few went in the bag quickly. The memory of their sting and that brief moment of panic whenever they appeared making it easy to discard of them.

Others were more difficult as they were awash with memories. The first one she bought him. One they had bought together. Another that had brought laughter. One that had been bought for him as a gift.

When the final one went into the bag, she took one last look around the room. Only one was missing and that couldn't be helped because it wasn't there to add to her collection. Then she took a deep breath and walked from the room, bag in hand.

Yes, I did. No, he doesn't know. At least I don't think he does. No, I'm not ready to talk about why yet.

14 comments:

  1. {{{HUGS}}} Here if you need to talk. Whatever brought it to this, I'm sorry you are so hurt right now. Honestly, if you need to talk, esmaysnewlife@gmail.com. Either way, I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EsMay. I appreciate the offer of someone to talk to and the prayers.

      Delete
  2. Oh no! I'm sorry Dana. Although...I guess I shouldn't jump to conclusions. I hope that before that bag makes it to the trash though, you have a chance to talk to him. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tess. I did end up stopping before I actually threw them away even without talking to him. Right now the bag is crammed in the back of my closet.

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry Dana, I hope you are able to talk to him and work through this. I too am here if you need an ear.

    (((Hugs)))
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs Dana. Hope things get worked out quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dana...Hope everything works out between you and Steve soon. One suggestion...put the bag in the back of a closet rather than trash everything while you are obviously in a lot of pain.

    Sending lots of prayers and healing energy to both of you.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. I did end up putting the bag in the closet rather than throwing it away. I just couldn't bring myself to actually trash it.

      Delete
  6. Oh Dana. Bless your heart. We are all here to listen when you're ready. You're in my thoughts and prayers today.
    Hugs,
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Dana.... Hugs!!!!
    Take your time, talk with him when you can and share when and if you are ever ready.
    Callie

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.