Friday, July 19, 2013

Another Update

The whole situation with the landlords came to a head over the weekend. On the advice of our attorney, we shut off power to the shed. It didn't go over well. We were threatened. I was worried enough about the threat that I was seriously considering calling my sister to come pick up our daughter and keep her until this all blew over.

We ended up turning the power back on because they claimed the kids had medicine that had to be kept cool. While I didn't know for sure that it was true, I didn't want to take a chance on one of the kids getting sick. It's not their fault their parents are asses.

The next morning the landlords left for a while. I guess they thought we were too scared to do anything because they all went for a change (either the wife or husband had been staying when they were going out before). They were wrong. As soon as they left, Steve went out and locked the shed and the gate since that was another option the attorney recommended.

When they came back and saw they were locked out, they pitched a fit, at which point Steve told them they were no longer welcome and they needed to hit the road. I missed all the excitement because I had left earlier that morning taking our daughter to a friend's house to get away for a bit.

Later that evening, they came back asking if they could get their stuff out of the shed. Since they moved into the shed on the ploy that they just wanted to put stuff in it, I was a little wary of letting them in. Finally we agreed that we would allow the wife in to get the stuff, but not the husband or kids. We figured she wouldn't try to barricade herself in the shed if she didn't have her kids with her.

They left and we figured that was the end of it. Then two days later, the landlord called Steve asking if he could get something else out of the shed. He's been back every night since then just getting one or two things. It's ridiculous.

This whole situation has caused a lot of stress between me and Steve. I was very angry with him and it took me a bit to realize it was because I was subconsciously blaming him for this mess. Admittedly, it isn't completely his fault. But I kept thinking if only he hadn't talked me into moving into this house in the first place, if only he hadn't opened the gate to them (which I was against in the first place), if only he would tell them that they can't keep coming back to get just one more thing.

Needless to say, I've been cranky with him lately. He'd been fairly patient with me because he knew I was stressed, but last night he decided he'd had enough. He threatened a spanking and I made a flippant response. It's been about two months since the last time I was spanked and I figured he wouldn't do it.

I was wrong. It wasn't as bad as I probably deserved. He only used his hand and went a bit lighter than usual. But it was enough to let me know he was serious about it. It put us back on a little steadier ground so we could talk without getting all wound up.

On the housing front, we're still looking. Even though our attorney has said that he sees no reason our lease wouldn't hold up if it went to court, we're just tired of dealing with these jerks and want out. The deal on the house we were hoping to get fell through. The woman changed her mind about owner financing, plus she's being unrealistic about the house's value (she wants twice what it's worth).

We've looked at a few other houses and even found one that we really liked. It had pretty much everything on our wishlist. But my father-in-law didn't like it so he refused to cosign for it. He keeps pushing us to buy houses that he finds, none of which we like. They're either too small, too expensive or located in a nearby town where I can't live (the smoke from the factory there triggers my migraines every time I have to go there).

In the meantime, we're saving every dime we can. Anything that isn't earmarked for bills is being put straight into savings. When our contract with the cable company is up next month, we're dropping it. Steve has been doing side jobs every chance he gets. We're going through our storage and selling off stuff we no longer need.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and good thoughts being sent our way. They are appreciated.

11 comments:

  1. Thinking and praying for you. I hope all this mess gets worked out soon. I know its super stressful.

    Hugs to you,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( so sorry you have to deal with all that.
    Hugs,
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe Dana, I am so sorry you are going through this and all the associated stress. I so hope this all works out for you soon.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a frustrating situation! I hope you can find a new place to call home soon. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Dana, I really hope tings work out for you guys soon. {{{HUGS}}} Go Steve for putting your bottom in place, something tells me it will help you be able to relax a bit more? :) At leaat for me, a spanking when I'm stressed can do a world of good. Will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine. I pray that it is all resolved soon for y'all. It would bug me so much that they are such jerks and then they ask for a favor and then one more, and then one more. I would have a hard time being nice (to anyone). Praying for you and yours, Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dana,

    I have never in my life heard of anyone going through all that you are going through - I'm so sorry. I will be praying for you - that you and Steve will find a good house *with no strings attached, and that the landlords will get dealt with appropriately.

    I'm glad that you and your hubby are back on steadier ground - what makes these kinds of things even worse is when we are at odds with our spouses. Hang in there together - I really hope it will be over with soon.

    Hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good gravy Dana...not only are they psychos but they are freeloading psychos! Hopefully you are going to find something soon that doesn't involve psychos or strings!

    Sending lots of prayers and positive energy your way.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Dana, I am so sorry that you are going though all this. I do hope that you find a new home soon, it must be so stressful
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh, there is just no good side of this. I'm sorry you are under so much stress and hope you find a new place...one that you can call your own as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry you're going through all of this stress. We will be praying for a quick resolution for your family.

    <3
    cd

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.