Sunday, August 4, 2013

That's What I Love About Sunday

I got my family day and it was an awesome one.

We slept in for a change. Once we got up, Steve and our daughter had breakfast while I looked up the directions to the where we were going. Then they packed the cooler with drinks while I packed out picnic lunch and other miscellaneous stuff we needed to take with us (sunscreen, bug spray, etc).

Finally we set off. Our first stop was a waterfall we had tried to locate on two previous trips with no luck. We managed to find it this time, which was great. It wasn't a bad hike, only about half a mile, but all uphill.  It was totally worth the climb though.





I can't believe how out of shape I am these days. Early in our relationship, we went hiking every weekend, sometimes up to 10 miles in a day. We quit hiking shortly after I got pregnant with our daughter and aside from one short hike a couple years ago, we haven't tried it again until now.


After we saw that waterfall, we stopped for a break at a local store and bought some boiled peanuts, something we all love. Then we set off to another waterfall. We'd both been to it before so we didn't have any trouble finding it. It was as gorgeous as I remembered.

We left there and went to another waterfall right down the road. It's a smaller one, but unique because you can actually drive under it. Our last stop of the day was a picnic area near the river. We ate and then explored a little before heading home.

It was a great day. We're already planning where we're heading next Sunday.

7 comments:

  1. I could feel the sweetness of summer as I read your post.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dana...what a lovely day. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dana, :)

    Sounds like you had a wonderful day!! I am happy for you! Lots of waterfalls sound lovely and beautiful. Hugs to you,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so pretty. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful! I love those kind of days with my family too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful day and the waterfalls beautiful. I love days like that :) So happy you got your family day Dana :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an amazing time. :) I am so glad that you got your family day, I know you were really wanting one. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.