Tuesday, September 3, 2013

I'm Still Alive

If you were wondering, I'm still alive. And we're still doing TTWD, although there hasn't been much going on in that area lately. I've been sick.

It all started with a headache and some sniffles. I didn't think much of it as Steve had had a cold the week before. Unfortunately, while he just got a run of the mill cold, I got something else. I've spent over a week in bed and am just now starting to feel better, although I'm still dealing with some lingering fatigue and coughing.

I have to admit to being surprised by Steve. Normally he's good for the first day or two of me being sick, but then he starts getting cranky because he's having to do both his stuff and the stuff I normally handle. This time he was awesome. He took over without complaining so I could rest. When I tried to get up to help, he sent me right back to bed.

He only got cranky once and he apologized almost immediately. When he apologized, he said something so sweet that it almost made me forget about how crappy I was feeling.

In other news, we got two phone calls this last week in reference to our house hunt. Both were good news. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but if everything goes okay, the next time I disappear, it will be because we're busy moving. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

6 comments:

  1. We missed you, Dana. Continue to get well. We are right here!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you Dana, Sorry to hear you haven't been well and glad Steve has been doing such an awesome job of taking care of you and doing what needs to be done to allow you to rest. I hope you are back to 100% soon. Take things easy and get lots more rest.

    I have my fingers crossed for good news on the house front! Sending positive vibes your way.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dana, Sorry to hear you have been poorly. Hope the house hunting is going well
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear from you. You've been missed. Hope you continue to feel better! And...fingers crossed about the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, GO Steve! :) SO glad that he was able to take care of you, and get you the rest that you so obviously needed. And hope that you have good news about a house soon! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.