Friday, September 13, 2013

Spanking Survey

I saw this survey over at Rules to Love By and realized I'd never filled it out. So here goes.

Have you ever gotten spanked?
Yes

Are you spanked bare bottom, over panties, or over clothes?
All the above, although it usually ends bare bottom. To be honest, my favorite is over the quilt. That sucker is thick and padded and you barely feel a thing. Unfortunately Steve doesn't like it as much as I do..

What is the best thing about being spanked?
Being able to put things behind us so we can move on. I used to get hung up on my guilt over stuff and he'd be resentful because we never actually dealt with anything. Now we handle it and we can both move on.

What position do you get spanked in?
Whatever one Steve decides on. I've been spanked over his knee, over his lap, over a pillow on the bed, laying flat on the bed, over the side of the bed, over the couch, standing up.

Have you ever gotten spanked in public?
He might give me a playful swat in front of friends, but any serious spanking is done in private.

What do you get spanked with the most?
For a long time, it was the wooden spoon, but lately it's been the paddle..

On a scale of 1-10 how much does the average spanking hurt?
5. If I've did some serious rule breaking or get too out of hand, they're a lot worse.

Have you ever been spanked for something you don't feel you deserve?
Only once, but by the time it was over and I had truly "heard" what Steve was saying, I was in agreement that it was deserved.

Have you ever been spanked with a hairbrush?
No. There's a reason I only have plastic-backed hairbrushes.

Have you ever been spanked so hard you started to cry?
The pain isn't what gets me to tears. It's what is said during the spanking and my own guilt over what led up to the spanking.

Were you spanked as a child?
Very rarely.

Do you think spanking is fun?
It can be if that's the intent.

What does your HoH say to you before your spanking?
He usually tells me what I'm getting spanked for. Sometimes he'll lecture a little bit. Then it's "over my lap" or "bend over."

Have you ever gotten spanked for bad driving (speeding ticket, etc)?
No, but I've been told that a speeding ticket is guaranteed to get me one heck of a spanking.

Have you ever got a spanking for no reason at all?
He always has a reason, even if I don't realize that at the time.

Have you ever gotten spanked by a teacher?
No

Is your butt spankable?
Apparently

Is spanking your hobby?
No

Are you currently in trouble?
I hope not.

Do you get lectured during the spanking?
Yes. For some reason, I tend to hear him better when I'm in that position.

Have you ever seen someone else get spanked?
No.

Have you ever gotten spanked for cursing?
Not so much for cursing as I don't do it much, but once for cursing at him. If I get wound up and start letting too many 4 letter words fly, he will tell me to knock it off though.

Have you ever gotten spanked for lying?
Once and it was a memorable one, not one I ever hope to repeat.

Have you ever been spanked with more than one spanking implement in a spanking session?
Yes.

Do you hate spankings?
No. I may not be happy about it when it's going on, but I know it serves a purpose and I nearly always feel better afterwards.

How many people spank you?
One

Have you ever gotten spanked with your butt in the air?
That's usually how it works. I haven't yet convinced Steve that my bottom should be pointed down and away from whatever implement he's holding.

Have you ever gotten spanked so hard your butt was purple?
Not all purple, but I have bruised. I don't worry too much about it as I bruise easily.

Do you think that spanking is a good punishment?
In general, yes, but there are some occasions when other punishments are more effective.

Do you believe spanking has made your relationship better or worse?
Definitely better. It's brought us closer and now we can handle things and move on, rather than dealing with them over and over again since they were never truly dealt with.

Is your butt red and sore afterwards?
That seems to be the point.

Have you ever gotten spanked with a sneaker?
Umm no.

Have you ever been spanked twice in one day?
Unfortunately yes. I even have one really bad day where I got spanked three times.

Have you ever asked to be spanked for something you did wrong?
I usually don't have to ask, but I have before.

Would you talk about spousal spankings to your friends/family members?
I doubt they would understand.

Have you ever been caned?
Ugh! Yes and I hate the cane.

Do you cry?
Sometimes

Have you ever gotten spanked with a wooden spoon?
Yes. That was Steve's first implement and, for a long time, his favorite.

What do you get spanked for?
Breaking the rules. Most of the time it's disrespect in the form of attitude or disobedience because I procrastinated and didn't get something done that he asked me to do.

How many times, per month, do you get spanked on average?
It can vary widely between months. Some months, none at all. Other months, two or three times a week.

How many swats do you get for the average offense?
I never counted. I don't think Steve does either.

Do your friends know that you get spanked?
Only the ones here in Blogland.

On a 1-10 scale, how hard would you get spanked for something serious, such as speeding?
Probably a 10 because it would be something he would not want to have to repeat.

Have you ever gotten spanked with a belt?
Yes, but it's rare.

Have you ever gotten spanked with a paddle?
Yes and it sucks.

After your spanking is over, how long before you repeat the same offense?
It depends. If I'm being stubborn about something, it could very well be the same day. I generally try not to repeat stuff right away though as subsequent punishments tend to be worse.

Does your spouse enjoy spanking you?
Yes and no. Obviously he enjoys the playful ones, as do I. With role affirmation and milder spanking, he sometimes gets aroused by it. The harder spankings are rough on both of us because he doesn't like to see me in pain, but he knows that it's needed so we can both move on from whatever happened.

When is the last time you got spanked?
Over the weekend.

Have you ever spanked yourself?
Steve seems to keep up with it pretty well without any help from me.

What is the worst thing about being spanked?
Knowing that I disappointed him enough to be getting a spanking.

Does anyone other than your spouse/significant other spank you?
No

How long does the spanking last?
Until he decides it's over. It may be just a minute or it may be ten or more minutes. If I'm being stubborn, it can go on for quite a while.

Do you get spanked hard?
Depends on the reason for the spanking.

Do you like to be spanked?
If it's a playful spanking because those have more touching than actual spanking.

Would you describe yourself as a rule follower or a rule breaker?
I generally don't set out to break rules, although if I'm mad at him, I will sometimes do stuff to push his buttons. I'm not proud of it and it's something I'm working on. For the most part, though, I'm a rule follower. I don't like to disappoint Steve and I know the rules he has made for me are for the good of me, our relationship and our family.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your answers, Dana. :) I was thinking as I was reading through that this would be interesting with answers from both perspectives, though obviously it's not written that way. I have yet to do it myself, so maybe I'll adapt it a bit if and when I get around to it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dana,

    I enjoyed reading this and love your answers. Especially like your "over the quilt" comment and your answer to "do you get spanked with your butt in the air" ... duh LoL

    Thanks for sharing :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dana...thanks for sharing your answers!

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.