Friday, October 25, 2013

Big Trouble

Things had been going pretty smoothly this week, at least DD-wise. I'd managed to stay out of trouble all week. Steve even decided to postpone role affirmation since I was doing so good. That all came to a screeching halt very late last night.

We've been pretty tight on money since Steve got in the wreck. He's still healing from his injuries and going to the chiropractor three times a week so he hasn't been able to work his usual hours or at his usual pace. As a result, I've had to put off paying some bills.

One of those bills is our car insurance. They have a little grace period on the due date. Even if you don't pay by the grace period, you get a warning letter that gives you a little bit longer to come up with the money before they cancel. I thought I knew how far I could push it but I must have miscalculated the days because when I logged in last night to pay the bill, I found that it was canceled.

I was horrified. Aside from the potential financial issues that would have arose had we got in a wreck, our state requires car insurance and fines you if you have a lapse. If it isn't taken care of within a certain amount of time, they'll revoke your driver's license and tags as well.

Since it was around midnight and the local office obviously wasn't open, I called the 1 800 number. I assumed it was at the most one day late so they would probably just take a payment and reinstate the policy. But then I found out that it had canceled over a week ago. The CSR said they could reinstate without a lapse if I made a payment AND if I signed a statement saying that we hadn't got in a wreck in the days since it canceled. The only problem is that the statement had to be signed in an agent's office which couldn't be done until the morning.

I worried over it for a while before going to bed. I knew I had to tell Steve and that he wasn't going to be happy about it. Since we were supposed to leave as soon as he got off work to take our daughter to her aunt's house for the weekend, I figured I'd wait until we were on our way home before I told him.

When I finally went to bed, he woke up. I guess he must have had an inkling that I had did something wrong because he asked if he needed to spank me. I tried to play it off like he was being silly, but I felt so guilty I just couldn't do it. So I confessed.

At first, he was quiet. I almost thought he'd fell back asleep and hadn't heard me. Then he started asking questions. He never really raised his voice, but it was clear that he was not at all happy with me or the situation. But he made no move to spank me so finally I fell into a restless sleep.

This morning Steve had me up bright and early with my marching orders. I was to go get it straightened out right away. Since our daughter is out of school today, he would deal with the punishment part tonight.

I knew I was going to be in trouble even before I told Steve. Hearing him say it and realizing that I'm going to have to wait all day with a punishment hanging over my head sucks. I hate waiting on a punishment. And knowing that my mistake means we'll be starting off our child-free weekend with a punishment really stinks.

4 comments:

  1. Awww Dana...so sorry you have to start your child-free weekend with a punishment. Hope the rest of the weekend goes well and Steve totally heals well.

    Sending lots of prayers, healing energy and positive thoughts for both of you!

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. It ended up taking a different direction than I expected, but in a good way so I guess it all worked out in the end.

      Delete
  2. Hi Dana, apologies for being late to this. I'm so sorry this happened and that you had to start your child-free weekend with a spanking. The waiting is so hard. I hope all is now resolved, both between you and Steve and the insurance company and that the rest of your weekend went well.

    Sending positive thoughts and prayers for Steve's continued recovery.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz. We ended up having a pretty good weekend, although we were mainly just laid around being lazy. The insurance company has been such a hassle we're now interviewing lawyers

      Delete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.