Thursday, October 17, 2013

Just Call Me Sassy

Yesterday we ended up with an unexpected day together, a rare occurrence. Normally we're lucky if we get a couple hours to ourselves so having all day up until our daughter got home from school was a welcome surprise. Steve was supposed to have gone to work with his boss, but his boss never called or came to get him. We found out later that it was because the woman that works in the office had failed to order the materials they needed (something that happens on a frequent basis) so he ended up not going at all.

I don't know exactly why, but I was feeling a bit sassy. Maybe it's because I was giddy over getting so much alone time with him. Maybe it was the fact that I hadn't been getting a lot of sleep lately (something that always seems to interfere with my brain to mouth filter).

At first it was mostly in fun. Steve was joking about it, saying he was going to start calling me Sassy. We spent the day tackling projects that we had been putting off. He helped me rearrange the laundry room. He fixed the dryer that had went out again (for some reason, the wire that goes to the heating element keeps breaking). He helped me dismantle our bed so I could deep clean it and even pitched in on vacuuming the frame, box springs and mattress.

Since we had swapped where the washer and dryer were when we rearranged the laundry room, he said he needed to go to Lowes to get a longer vent hose. I volunteered to go with him. I love going to Lowes. I like looking at all the different stuff and mentally designing my dream house. Despite the fact that he's more of a in and out kinda shopper, he usually gives me time to wander because he knows I do this.

On the way to Lowes, I finally crossed the line between fun and trouble. I knew it right away because Steve threatened to pull the car over on the side of the road and spank me. But I was on a roll and didn't really think he'd do it (after all we were on the interstate with tons of other cars) so I said yeah right.

As soon as I saw him hit the blinker and felt the car slowing down, I started backtracking. I quickly threw out every reason I could think of why he shouldn't do what he threatened. Once he turned off the blinker and picked up speed again, I breathed a sigh of relief.

We ended up having a good time wandering around Lowes. We spent some time in the appliance section. Just last week, he surprised me with a front loading washer (something I've wanted for a while because short people and top loading washers don't work well together) that he'd got at an amazing price. We looked at the dryers and he said he was planning on getting me a new one when he gets paid again. I also showed him the new fridge I want when ours croaks (which will probably be soon as he's already had to fix it three times).

I did end up getting spanked a little later, but it wasn't too bad. Steve decided to do role affirmation rather than a punishment. He had put it off earlier in the week since I was doing good, but figured I was getting a little too feisty for my own good so it was needed. I did get two swats with the cane at the end, though, for the remark that prompted his threat to pull the car over.

12 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you got to spend the day together! I can relate how sassy can go from cute & fun to crossing that line of disrespect or disobedience all too easily. I would have panicked when that blinker came on too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful Grace, although after getting him to myself all day for a change, it was hard to see him leave for work this morning.

      Delete
  2. Hey Dana...happy to hear that you and Steve got a day together. You are very lucky...on the road never saved my tush! If Matthew started to pull the car over, no talking was going to get that car rolling again until I got a spanking. LOL

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was the fact that we were on a heavily traveled road in broad daylight that saved me Cat.

      Delete
  3. Hi Dana ... yay for getting an unexpected day together. Oh my, I can imagine the panic when he started slowing the car down! It seems it's a very fine line between fun and trouble. It can sometimes be so tricky to negotiate that line can't it? Totally with you on lack of sleep affecting the brain to mouth filer LoL. Oh, and I'm with you on the front loading washer too :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were talking about it last night and Steve said that look of panic is what made him change his mind about pulling over.

      I love my new washer. My ribs stayed sore with our old top loading one because I always had to lean in to get the stuff on the bottom of the tub.

      Delete
  4. There is something about a whole day together that can make a girl giddy...and a bit feisty. The "do I need to pull over" line makes me panic just a little too! Bah!

    My hubby has a theory on the sass when these days happen. He says that part of it is b/c we feel safe and can let loose a little, especially if we need a bit of affirmation when it is over. Maybe he's right...but I'm not admitting it today. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love it when we get time together, especially since we don't get a lot. Your hubby's theory makes sense. I think Steve sensed that so he didn't mind when it was just playful. It's just a matter of staying on the right side of the line when I do get sassy.

      Delete
  5. Hi Dana, gosh I would have panicked too, just for a second. Glad you had a nice day. I think all our washing machines are front loaders here. I don't think I have seen a top loader since I was a child. They were really hard work then.
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've wanted a front loader for a long time, but just couldn't justify the cost when we could get a used, but perfectly good top loader cheap (usually from people that had upgraded to a front loader). But this was too good of a deal to pass up and I am thrilled that he got it for me.

      Delete
  6. Huh, I never thought of the benefit of the front loading washer for short people. I wonder if I'd loose less socks and thongs that way? Of course balancing over the edge of the top loading washer, is a good spanking position when looking for said socks, so I make sure to have no laundry to do when Barney is home!

    I TOTALLY love that shirt. It sums up quite a few of us here in blog land doesn't it? I am not sure if I am more sassy when I spend time alone with Barney, or if he just notices it more because we are alone! LOL.

    Anyway, sounds like a pretty nice day, even if it ended with a cane ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a terrible time reaching the bottom of our top-loader. I'd have to get on tiptoe and lean way over to reach. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that's why socks keep going missing. Thankfully Steve was never around when i did it. Otherwise he may have decided he liked it as a spanking position.

      Delete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.