Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year New Meme

I know I've been MIA lately  I've been dealing with some personal issues and let several things go while I did it. Don't worry. Steve and I are doing fine. In face, he's been a rock for me through all this. As soon as I can get the words to come, I'll be back to blogging. In the meantime, here's a meme.

1) What did you do in 2013 that you've never done before?
Hit subspace, made curtains and a quilt

2) Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I really didn't make any last year. This year would be to exercise more patience.

3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend and one of our dogs

4) Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year thankfully.

5) What countries did you visit?
None

6) What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A house that we own rather than rent.

7) What dates from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Feb 2-I spun out on ice and Steve drove through the ice and snow to come rescue me
Apr 29-Our anniversary. Thanks to a toothache I spent the morning in the dentist chair getting a tooth extracted and the rest of the day being pampered by Steve

8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Sewing something completely on my own without any help and having it come out halfway decent.

9) What was your biggest failure?
Still not pregnant. We've been trying for 7 years

10) Did you suffer illness or injury?
I'm a clutz and manage to catch every bug that goes around so yeah several.

11) What was the best thing you bought?
I don't really buy much for me aside from books. I prefer to buy for others.

12) Whose behavior merited celebration?
Our daughter's. When she found about a local group auctioning off things to get food for the hungry, she decided all on her own to donate a bunch of her toys to the cause.

13) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The landlords

14) Where did most of your money go?
Same place it always goes-bills.

15) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having Steve to myself for almost a week when our daughter went to stay with family, although I missed her like crazy.

16) What song will always remind you of 2013?
There isn't really one.

17) Compared to this time last year: are you happier or sadder?
About the same I guess.

18) What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spent more time with family.

19) What do you wish you'd done less of?
Holding on to hurts and my stubbornness.

20) How did you spend Christmas?
Christmas Eve with the in-laws. Christmas morning with just the three of us, the afternoon with my side of the family

21) Did you fall in love in 2013?
I fall in love with Steve every day

22) What was your favorite TV program?
Hard to pick just one.

23) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word, although there's a few people that I strongly dislike.

24) What was the best book you read?
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistlestop Cafe. I've watched the movie numerous times over the years, but came across the book in a thrift store one weekend. It answered so many things I always wondered about.

25) What was your greatest musical discovery?
Didn't really have one.

26) What did you want and get?
A new set of pots and pans. I've been getting by with cheapie sets for nearly our entire marriage and Steve splurged on a good set for me for Christmas.

27) What did you want and not get?
A house

28) What was your favorite film of the year?
Fast and Furious 6. Steve got me hooked on the series with the first one and now we eagerly watch each new one as they come out.

29) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Stayed in with Steve and our daughter. 21, and not for the first time.

30) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? More money?
More money is always nice, but more time with family would have been great.

31) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Casual comfy, but sexy underneath.

32) What kept you sane?
Steve

33) What celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't really keep up with the celebs.

34) What political issue stirred you the most?
I'm not really political.

35) Who did you miss?
My grandma.

36) Who was the best new person you met?
I'm a homebody so I don't really meet a lot of new people, but Steve's friend and his girlfriend are pretty great.

37) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013?
Sometimes you're so focused on hearing certain words that you miss the fact the other person is saying it with actions instead.

10 comments:

  1. Hey Dana...thanks for sharing your answers. So sorry you have had to deal with issues that have taken you away but happy Steve has been there for you. Hope you come back to post and visit more...but whenever...we are here for you.

    Wishing you a wonderful and happy 2014.

    Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dana, this is a great meme and I enjoyed reading your answers. Thanks for sharing.

    I too am sorry you have been dealing with issues and glad Steve has been there for you. Wishing you both a Happy New Year and all the very best in 2014.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay #1 made me laugh because of the comma. LOL..Subspace, and sewing! #7 my dear is a grave disappointment but NOT a failure. Please don't think of it like that.

    I am grateful you popped in to say hello. You have been on my mind. I hope you can manage to work through what you need to, and find the words IF you need to!
    much love
    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were both big things, Willie, despite the fact that the two had nothing to do with each other. I know I shouldn't consider it a failure, but it's hard.

      Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  4. Loved reading your answers. I think I might do this one as well. :)

    I'm sorry you've been going through some things, but I'm so glad Steve has been there for you. Look forward to reading your blogs when you come back. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.