Thursday, March 20, 2014

More Answers

Cali Mom asked "What was it about Steve that first drew you to him? And what was it about you for him? And since starting dd, what quality do you most love & appreciate in Steve, and what quality does he most love and appreciate in you? And is it a new quality or an once overlooked quality?"

Dana: It's hard to pinpoint just one thing, but I'd say it would probably be how sweet he is. I've mentioned it before, but the first time we went out, I was actually supposed to go out with another guy and had got stood up at the last minute. I was feeling a bit down about the whole situation (and a bit irritated about the fact that I'd got all dressed up for nothing) and he offered to take me out.

He never pried with questions about the other guy. Aside from making the comment that the other guy must have been an idiot to stand me up, he didn't try to turn our dinner out into anything other than two friends hanging out. He even gave me a back rub (no strings attached) later when we got back to my place. I think I fell in love with him that very first night.

As for now, while I still appreciate his sweetness, I'd say it's probably his steadfastness than I most love and appreciate. There were times in our marriage when I felt very alone in things, like I was facing them without any help. Since starting DD, he makes more off an effort to not only be there for me, but to let me know that I am there for him to lean on if I need to. I can trust that no matter what life throws at me, he'll be right there beside me.

Steve: Dana said I couldn't say this, but it was her boobs. When we went out to dinner, she had a baked potato and something about the way she mashes one up makes her boobs bounce. She had me all worked up. To this day, I get turned on every time we have baked potatoes.

Aside from the boobs, I'd have to say her kindness. She really cares about people-taking the time to welcome someone new to our group or asking about something they may have mentioned the last time she talked to them.

The quality I love and appreciate now is her unselfish and generous nature. I think it has always been there, but I hadn't really noticed it until we grew closer with DD and I started paying more attention. She sees someone struggling and wants to help. Sometimes it's little things like donating stuff to be auctioned off to feed the hungry. Other times it's bigger stuff like offering to help a local homeless guy apply for disability or volunteering to tutor one of the neighbors so they can get their GED.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you both so much for answering my questions. I LOVE how you answered them!
    All that you see in each other and love about each other..... and your sense of humor too. So glad that other guy messed up since you both benefited from it! :)
    hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were great questions Cali. I will forever be grateful for the guy that stood me up. While I knew Steve before it happened, I thought of him as a friend rather than a partner. If not for him taking me out that night, we might not have have ended up together.

      Delete
  2. Love your answers Dana and Steve! ROFLMBO...first time I've ever heard of baked potatoes being such a turn on...but hey...whatever turns your crank! ;)

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny because I didn't notice him checking me out that first night. He must have been pretty discreet about it. And he's not kidding about it still turning him on. Nowadays, if we have baked potatoes, his eyes are glued to my chest.

      Delete
  3. I remember the first time you posted your story, ( of course we didn't get Steve's tender rendition of the night back then! LOL). I thought it was awfully gallant of Steve to step in that night- AGAIN didn't know about the BOOB thing back then! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Willie. Here I thought he was such a gentleman that first night. I didn't find out until later that he was fascinated with the boobies.

      Delete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.