Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Funny Side of DD

Our journey into DD has brought us a lot. Better communication, more intimacy, a stronger relationship, a cleaner house, just to name a few. And it has brought us some laughter.

Like the first time I broke an implement with my butt. The way Steve said "I can't believe you broke that with your butt." got me so tickled we had to call a halt to the spanking until I could get myself under control. The second implement I broke was even funnier. By the time the third one broke not long after, both of were laughing too hard to even finish the spanking.

Then there was the time that I decided to buy a paint stir stick thing to add to his arsenal. I was feeling quite smug about picking up something from Walmart that no one else realized was a spanking implement. At least I was until I nearly forgot the dang thing at the checkout and the lady behind me helpfully called "Don't forget your paddle!" I blushed several shades of red, grabbed it and beat a hasty retreat from the store. When I got home, I told Steve about it only to have him crack up because apparently those stir sticks are also called paint paddles. Who knew?

And we can't forget my epic retort when Steve informed me during a spanking that "This hurts me more than it hurts you." Before I could think it through, I told him he should try being on my end. That one actually worked out pretty good for me because he got so tickled by my response that he gave up on the rest of the spanking. While it has since become a running joke between us, sadly it no longer works to stop a spanking.

That brings us to this morning. Steve had been gone for a bit and I was just sitting down at the computer to check my email and blogland when my phone rang. It was him and he said he needed a favor. I told him sure and then he announced that he had forgot his paddle.


I'll have to admit he stunned me for a minute. While I would love to get rid of that darn thing, I just couldn't imagine why on earth he would need it if he was away from me. When I found my voice, I responded.

Oh really.

Yes, I ran off and left it this morning and really need it today.

Your paddle?

Yes. Can you meet me at (local store) with it?

Meet you with the paddle?

Yes, hon. I really need it.

You really need your paddle?

It was about this time that it finally dawned on him why I was so confused.

My mixing paddle, hon. The one I use to mix stuff at work. I brought the drill but forgot the mixing paddle.

Ohhhh. That thing that looks like an oversized version of the beaters on my hand mixer?

Yes, that paddle.

Well that makes more sense. Just tell me where it is and I'll be there in a few.

He was still laughing about the whole conversation when I met him. I have a feeling it's going to take me a while to live that one down.


5 comments:

  1. Well we know what's on your mind.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I always think everyone is going to know I'm a spanko if I say the words paddle or hairbrush or spoon in public.

    There was one time, though, when my husband deliberately embarrassed me with spanking references. He and I were running a hot dog stand together at a fall festival, and with every customer that ordered two or more hot dogs, he would ask "Would you like your buns toasted?"

    I was sooooo embarrassed, but he would not stop! He got a kick out of who got the reference and who didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ROFLMBO Dana...you spanko! :D

    Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. LoL Dana, we've had similar moments. Love the fun side of Dd. Funny how everything takes on a spanking reference lol.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Where was your mind!!!!

    I love that show btw, I just can't think of her name right now. Rachel Bilson?

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.