Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Submission Exercises

Ever since Steve's work schedule changed for the worse, we've been trying to work out how to maintain DD when we don't really have time for it. We were really struggling to find a workable option when one of my friends from chat who is in a long distance relationship suggested a possible solution-submission exercises.

Now the idea of submission exercises isn't anything new. I've saw it mentioned here and there before. EsMay had a few posts on submission exercises as I recall. However, most of what I've read seems to consist of the HoH giving the exercises while he is with his partner, not when they're apart.

But with a lack of any other options, it was worth a shot. So we talked about it and came up with some ideas for exercises he could text to me during the day while he's at work. Then I waited for the first one to come.

It came yesterday around lunchtime. Corner time for 15 minutes. I have to admit I was surprised. We're almost to the two year mark with DD and we have never used corner time. It was discussed at one point and then dropped.

So off I went to the corner. Well the wall to be exact because all of the corners in our bedroom are full. I suspect that cleaning out a corner will be a task in the near future. It was the longest, most boring 15 minutes of my life. Nothing to do but think. And fidget, which I probably wasn't supposed to do but he didn't say I couldn't and he wasn't here to see it and think to tell me to stay still.

I think the hardest part for me was not turning around to check how long I had left. I had set the timer on my phone, but since he had made it a point to say I couldn't take it with me to the corner, I had laid it on the bed behind me.

It did seem to reinforce my submission so I guess we can call it a win. I texted him when it was done and told him how I felt while standing there. He seemed pleased with the results. I have a feeling corner time may now be on the table not only as a submission exercise, but also as part of punishments in the future.

I'm curious to see what he comes up with next.

12 comments:

  1. Glad you made it!! That would be so hard. We don't use it either, so it would be a surprise. Love the idea of submission exercises, I'm sure that would help us too :) Good for you guys for trying them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks elle. Submission exercises are new for us, but we've never been in this situation before. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I wasn't sure how well it would work, but I was happy to find that it did help.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on successfully completing corner time Dana...that was tough. Matthew and I didn't have any formal submission exercises but he would phone or text or email me with a 'request'...did help in feeling submissive to him.

    Hope you and Steve have more time together soon.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dana, I'm sorry you and Steve aren't getting much time together but glad you are looking to find ways to remain connected and maintain your roles. Corner time is rare here. Yep ... boring ... nothing to do but think. Oh wait ... isn't that the idea? ... sigh lol

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, so glad you were both able to come up with something. Sounds like you're on to something, here. Corner/Wall time stinks I have only had to do it a few times it's sooooo boring, but hopefully a good result came from yours.

    Sass

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sass. He must have really liked the effects because he sent me there again yesterday. It was just as boring as the first time, but I did feel more centered afterwards so I guess we can say that it's working.

      Delete
  5. Sorry that you have been having time apart from Steve, Dana. Sounds like you have had a successful round of submissive exercise/ corner time. I've never had corner time, so I cannot be much help in that regard. Sounds like a very thoughtful place to be... Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. It was a first for me. Standing there staring at a blank wall definitely gives you time to think.

      Delete
  6. You are way better than I am at this! Last time my husband ordered me to do corner time when he was gone, I lasted about two minutes before moving on to something else I had to do...not my finest moment. My husband is currently gone for a month, and it would be really nice to do some submission exercises like this to keep our dynamic alive throughout. I look forward to hearing more about yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit that I was tempted Autumn. But I did ask for him to do this to help me feel more connected to him while we're apart so I felt like I should at least give it a shot.

      Delete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.