Monday, August 4, 2014

Boot Camp Begins

After a lot of research and discussion, we decided to go forward with boot camp. Our daughter is off visiting her cousins and we have the house to ourselves this week.

The structure we decided on is three spankings a day-before he leaves for work, when he gets home from work and at bedtime-ranging from mild to severe. Each bedtime spanking will be followed with a discussion of something related to DD. There is zero tolerance on all rules, including the ones that are usually not enforced. During the day while he's at work, I'll have chores and/or submission exercises to do. Submission exercises may be given in the evenings while he's home as well.

Boot camp opened last night with a bedtime spanking. We had planned to start earlier in the day, but life interfered. One of Steve's friend's had asked him for help with a small project. Since it wasn't supposed to take that long, Steve agreed to help. But it took a lot longer than expected.

He started with an over-the-clothes warmup by hand, although it was a bit lopsided as I told him later. Then he moved on to the wood paddle. I was allowed to keep my pants, which surprised me since he usually insists on a bare bottom.

It had the feel of role affirmation with a little ooph added at the end. Steve went through all of our rules, talked about the ones I had been slipping on lately, and added that he would be watching closely this week. He also mentioned something about adding a rule about wake up times, which has me a little wary as I do like to sleep in.

Our discussion was on implements. As I've mentioned before, I think his reliance on the wood paddle has played a role in me not reaching the point I need to get to. So we talked about bringing some of the other implements in for spankings. I also mentioned the fact that I've noticed him avoiding the implements he sees as milder. I suggested he might consider those for warm ups at least.

He woke me up at 5:30 this morning with the leather paddle. As Steve spanked, he lectured on respect. He mentioned an incident that had happened over the weekend where I got snippy with him in front of someone else. The fact that he wasn't happy about the snippiness didn't surprise me, but the fact that he was unhappy I did it in front of someone else did. In a little over two years of DD, that's the first time he's said something about disrespect in front of others.

Before he left, he warned me that he didn't want me sleeping too late and that I was to be up no later than 9. While he didn't say "or else," it was understood. I set all three alarms on my phone to make sure I was up. Then I somehow managed to sleep through all of them, not waking up until a quarter after 10. When I woke up, I saw a text from Steve had came in a few minutes earlier asking if I was up so I quickly responded that I was. I'm not looking forward to telling him that while I was up, I had just got up when I responded.


22 comments:

  1. I have a get up on time rule. It's more because I am a grumpy morning person and worse when I'm rushed from being late. It's a hard one. I too was late getting up this morning but not as bad. Good luck with boot camp. Our one and only version was rocky and broken up by life. One day I hope we try again.

    Good to see you back around!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika. I'm a grumpy morning person too. I think part of the reason he's insisting on me getting up earlier is school will be starting soon, which means I need to get used to getting up early so I can get our daughter on the bus in the mornings.

      Aside from getting the kid out of the way for the week, we're working around life. We figured if we do boot camp with life in the way, it will be easier to keep the ball rolling once we're done.

      Delete
  2. I hope you & Steve get all you are hoping to out of your bootcamp-Clark an I have talked about doing one & he wants to but would like us to be totally alone when we do it sooooo, that probably won't be happening for awhile....
    I kind of envy people who can sleep through alarms lol Clark jokes that I wake up if a mouse farts lol!
    Love,
    Scarlet ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scarlett. I have to admit I'm curious to see how it goes. So far, it's going okay, although I figure I'll be tired of being spanked after a couple more of them, especially if he ups the intensity, which I have a feeling he's going to do.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the boot camp, I hope it's a really positive experience for both of you. I think it's great that he's trying new implements, and different things. Giving and getting feedback is always nice. I'm sorry you slept through your alarm, done that before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennelle. I really like the discussion part. I always have an opportunity to tell him how I feel about stuff, but since this time is designated for discussion, we can really talk about it instead of a little here and a little there. I still can't figure out how I slept through all three alarms.

      Delete
  4. You slept through your alarm?? Oh boy. I'm glad I'm not in your shoes. :/ My alarms go off until I turn them off. So did you turns yours off in your sleep?

    Good luck with Boot Camp. Keep us posted, if you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, all three of them. And I paid dearly for that one when he got home.

      My alarm goes off for a minute and then automatically goes to snooze if you don't turn it off. After it goes off following the snooze, it turns itself off.

      Delete
  5. I can't imagine sleeping through the alarm! I'm a little jealous...

    Best of luck on the boot camp! I like the way you two are making it fit you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now I'm wishing I hadn't slept through them Rogue.

      Delete
  6. Bootcamp? I am very interested in seeing how this works and if it really changes and betters it all. BTW, I tell my husband that I am up even when I just got up. I hate sleeping in but a few extra hours is really nice. And yes, I do tell the truth later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well as far as consistency goes, Blondie, it's certainly bringing that back. And scheduling time for discussions each evening is nice too.

      And I did text him with my confession.

      Delete
  7. Good luck with bootcamp Dana! :) Gosh- Rob is the non-morning person in this house. I am usually up and moving every morning. Sorry that you slept through all those alarms! Hope that your behind is ok. :) Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. The behind is a little sore and this is just the first day. That alarm fiasco landed me in some hot water.

      Delete
  8. Hey Dana...I can sleep through alarms, answer a phone...talk...hang up...go back to sleep and never remember the conversation! I have a love affair with snooze alarms! :D I have a clock with an alarm in my office...across the hall from my bedroom...so I set it. That way, I have to get out of bed and walk across the hall to shut it off. You might want to try setting an alarm somewhere you actually have to get out of bed.

    Good luck with bootcamp!

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat, I've been known to answer the phone or have a conversation while in my sleep. I never remember it either although whoever I talked to insists that I was perfectly coherent.

      Delete
  9. Hey Dana,
    Sounds like you and Steve have done a great job in discussing and planning - I hope that this week goes well for you and that you both benefit and grow from the experience. :)
    hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
  10. Appreciate your willingness to share your experince with boot camp. I have often wondered how well these sessions work. For the record I am not a morning person and would certainly struggle with this. Go ahead and be respectfully honest. It will be interesting to learn his reaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annabelle. The wakeup time is definitely going to be an issue for me. I stayed up this morning to avoid oversleeping again. Of course that means I'll probably be taking a nap later, but he didn't say anything about napping.

      Delete
  11. Wishing you all the best for the week and hope you get what you hope out of bootcamp.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck on the boot camp. I'm not a morning person at all:-/

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.