Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Have I Mentioned...

...how much I hate the corner?

Shortly after posting yesterday, I texted Steve with my confession about not getting up on time. I wasn't all surprised when he texted back that I was in trouble.

The question was how much trouble I was in. While I've had a bedtime for a while (a rarely enforced one), he's never put a rule in place about when I had to be up. And since I don't know whether it's a rule that will continue or simply something put in place for boot camp, I wasn't quite sure how he'd react.

A minute later, another text came in. Corner time for 15 minutes.


Now corner time is a bit of a new thing for us. Up until a month or so ago, I had never been sent to the corner. But now that he's tried it out, he's decided he likes it. The more I go, the more I find that I don't like it. It's boring staring at a wall for 15 minutes.

So off I went to do my 15 minutes of penance. When it was over, I texted him back that it was done and asked if I have ever told him how much I hate corner time. He texted back yes and even added a smiley face. Grrr!

When he came in, we talked some more. Then it was on to the second spanking of the day. He chose the turner and the wood paddle for it. I tried to tell him it wasn't fair to use two wood implements for a spanking, but he just reminded me that it wasn't my decision. It's not easy to argue with logic like that.

That spanking was more intense than the previous ones, more along the lines of a punishment spanking, although technically it did include punishment over not getting up on time. It also ended up going longer because every time I squirmed away, he added more swats, making sure those penalty swats were harder. I don't even want to think about how many swats got added. Apparently I'm a slow learner when it comes to that.

The bedtime spanking and evening discussion ended up getting skipped because he had a headache. I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand, since I was still pretty tender from the previous spanking, I was relieved. On the other hand, I was a little annoyed. The whole reason we're doing this boot camp is to get back on track and get back to being consistent. Skipping part of it defeats the purpose.

This morning when he woke me up for the before work spanking, the annoyed part had gained the upper hand. So I was a bit cranky and not feeling at all cooperative, which isn't good when your HoH already has your gown flipped up and more than one implement on hand.


Thankfully, sanity returned before I earned myself too many penalty swats. Once my bottom was tingling, he went off to take a shower and I lay there thinking. When he came back from showering, I was surprised when he started swatting some more. He wanted to talk about my chores for the day and I guess he wanted to be sure he had my attention. He definitely had it. It's never a good idea to ignore a HoH with a paddle in his hands.

There's something about these morning spankings that really gets to me. I don't know if it's because me being woke up for the spanking means my defenses are down and I haven't had a a chance to get all independent. Or if it's because of the feeling of vulnerability that occurs when I realize he's fully dressed and I'm bare or close to it.

He left for work after that. I just couldn't go back to sleep so I got up for the day. I did some more thinking and decided that I needed to let him in on what's going on in my head. Normally I text if he's at work, but I had a lot to say and didn't feel like sending multiple texts so I emailed instead since I know he has access to email on his phone.

Apparently he hadn't saw the email yet because he didn't mention it when he texted to ask if I was up yet. I told him about getting up after he left because I couldn't sleep and about sending him an email about it. He just said ok. Now I guess I'll have to wait for his response.

13 comments:

  1. I think that I would have been cranky about last night but relieved because the bottom is sore. Never had a morning spanking, but it's interesting how you felt. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning spankings are somewhat rare around here. He doesn't like to interrupt by sleep and since he nearly always has to be up before I do, that means he usually holds off on spankings until the evening. Plus he's busy getting ready for work. So this has been a bit of a new experience for us. I have to admit that I like that he's making time for us in the mornings.

      Delete
  2. Dana,
    A spanking first thing in the morning is hard to take, but you probably offered zero resistance.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a little resistance this morning, but mainly because I was cranky. Yesterday, on the other hand, I went right into it. As soon as he landed the first swat, I rolled over to give him free access.

      Delete
  3. I am with you on corner time! H hasn't used it for a while but it goes a bit like that, when he remembers again he's likely to use it frequently for a while.
    We used to have morning maintenance which I hated, maybe because the spanking would happen and then we would be off on our own separate ways for the day, it never got me into the right mind set.
    Good luck with the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Steve hits those grooves with things once in a while and it gets to the point I want to tell him enough already. Of course I don't, or at least I try not to.

      I half figured the morning spankings would annoy me, but I'm finding they're actually beneficial for me. Usually he's already gone before I get up so I go straight into independent mode. With the morning spankings, I don't have a chance to hit that mode, which seems to make the day go a little smoother.

      Delete
  4. I am with most everyone, mornings leave me open and vulnerable which is why I think I end up with a great many in the morniñg. Hubby feels he has my undivided attention and typically I am less arguemenative then. Corner time? We haven't gone there yet, but I suspect with time, I will find myself there some day. Sounds like boot camp is moving along even thouh there was a small bump in the road. Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In hindsight, I should have expected a bump at some point. After all, that's life. But it is going fairly well. I think we're both pleased with how it's turning out.

      Delete
  5. Ack, corner time ... so boring lol. I have had a few spankings in the morning and they can be harder to take. I think I just feel less prepared mentally. Not much time to process.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me, it seems to work the opposite way with morning spankings. While I'm not mentally prepared, I think I'm more prepared emotionally because the defenses are down. So far the morning ones have been fairly mild, which is probably why I don't need that time to mentally prepare. I might react differently if they were more intense.

      Delete
  6. I haven't been in the corner for quite awhile now that I think about it. I guess I didn't miss it since I hadn't even realized it had been so long. Watch, now that I said that I'll find myself there soon enough. Isn't that the way things seem to go? lol

    As for morning spankings...I don't recall any at the moment. I wonder how that would be...but...not quite enough to go looking for one. ;)

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny because we had actually talked about cornertime way back in the early days of DD and decided against it. Then when life got hectic, we decided to try it as a submission exercise. Now he likes it.

      Delete
  7. It's hard not to get annoyed when things don't go as planned-I fine that to be especially true for me if we are kid (or nearly kid) free. I have only had one early morning spanking & it was a very long time ago, however I am awake for the day as soon as the alarm goes off, but Clark not so much.
    I agree that 2 wooden implements is not very nice : (
    Love,
    Scarlet ; )

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.