Saturday, August 2, 2014

Morning Musings

I woke up early this morning. I'm not sure why, but I was wide awake at 4 am. After tossing and turning for half an hour in an attempt to go back to sleep, I gave up and got up for the day.

This was a bit of a switch for us. Steve is normally the morning person. Even if he doesn't have to be up early for work, he naturally wakes up around 7. Our daughter usually wakes up a little later. If he's not working, I generally sleep in while they go out to breakfast. My philosophy on mornings tends to be something like this.


I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself since I'm not used to being up that early. Generally, if I'm up at 4, it's because I haven't gone to bed yet. So I wandered around the house, caught up on email and played an online game for a bit.

About seven, I slipped back into bed with Steve. I briefly debated the wisdom of waking him up on a morning that he could finally sleep in, but after a quick under-blanket grope, I figured he wouldn't mind. He didn't.


Then it was off to the kitchen to fix breakfast. Bacon, eggs and cinnamon rolls. Our daughter woke up as I was bringing him his plate so I threw her a plate together before sitting down to a leisurely breakfast.

Not a bad way to start a Saturday.

16 comments:

  1. I completely agree that mornings should begin at noonDana :)~ Sounds like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are much kinder than me, I would have gone back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's a choice between sex and sleep, I'll take the sex. I can catch up on sleep later.

      Delete
  3. I so totally agree Dana...I am definitely NOT a morning person. But think I could make an exception if it started out like yours. ;)

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Cat. I told Steve I might get to be more of a morning person if he started waking me up with sex.

      Delete
  4. Not a morning person, my husband is...it's really hard to deal with, no one should be that chipper at 5am. Glad you had a great start to your day, makes the 4am wake up worth it!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to deal with, especially since he wants me to start getting up earlier. Grrr.

      Delete
  5. I'm so not a morning person either - and when I randomly wake up early, I seriously don't know what to do with myself, lol. Sounds like you did all the right things!
    :) Cali

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in the no morning camp too, would very happily stay in bed until noon.
    H really likes morning quickies though ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve definitely likes the morning quickies, especially since they don't happen much because I'm usually still sleeping.

      Delete
  7. I'm definitely not a morning person either. Sounds like a great way to start the dwy:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great way to start the day.

      Delete
  8. Nice way to start the morning Dana! :) Rob is not a morning person, but I am. He stays up til all hours and I am often in bed, tired before 10p... Your breakfast sounded great as well! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breakfast was delicious. The saltiness of the bacon was a perfect balance for the sweetness of the cinnamon rolls.

      Delete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.