Friday, August 8, 2014

Spanking Aisle 10

Yesterday morning, I went grocery shopping. Early in the morning is my favorite time to go. The store is usually quiet without a lot of customers. The stockers are out so it's easy to find someone if you need help. Plus markdowns on discontinued items or items approaching their expiration date are always done in the morning so I can get the first shot at some major bargains.


I wanted a particular item from the freezer case so I headed down that aisle, passing a small group of guys stocking at the start of the aisle. As I was looking for my food, I couldn't help but overhear their conversation. At first, it was typical guy stuff. They were talking about some game. I wasn't really paying attention to them because I was having trouble finding what I was looking for.

But when my first lap through the aisle didn't produce results, I went through it again a little slower. As a result, I was there to hear when their conversation took a very interesting turn. Apparently these guys had got together recently for a cookout. While the cookout was going on, the wife of one of the guys had said or done something (I missed that part) and he had taken her inside for a short period of time.

One of the other guys asked the first guy what he had said to his wife when they went inside because her eyes were really red (presumably from crying) when they came back out. I nearly choked when the first guy responded that he had told her he wasn't putting up with that attitude and added the comment that his wife's eyes weren't the only thing that was red when she came back outside.

I tried telling myself that I was reading way too much into what I had overheard. You know how everything seems to take on new meaning with DD. But then the conversation continued and it became obvious that my initial impression was the correct one.

21 comments:

  1. Dana,
    Ttwd/dd at the grocery store.............. it really is everywhere!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had inklings here and there when watching or hearing a couple interact, but it's never been this obvious.

      Delete
  2. What an interesting - and hopefully encouraging - experience. It's nice to think that more couples are communicating better and growing closer through ttwd/dd.
    hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. So many couples could benefit from the things we found with DD.

      Delete
  3. LOL Dana...ya just never know do ya. ;)

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Cat, you never do. I certainly wouldn't have expected to hear DD talked about at the grocery store.

      Delete
  4. Lol ! Why do I never get to overhear these things?

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Callie; but anyway the clerks in the store I use all speak the local dialect, not much of which I understand, so I wouldn't know.

      Delete
    2. This is the first time for me Callie. Just lucky I guess.

      Delete
  5. My grocery shopping is never as interesting lol. I am sure ttwd is more prevalent than we think.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it is Roz. It just doesn't get talked about in public that much.

      Delete
  6. I love it!!! You should have slipped them your blog address, lol!

    It's kinda nice knowing it (dd/ttwd) is out there, isn't it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised at hearing what the guy said that it never occurred to me to offer my blog address.

      Delete
  7. Lol! So wish I could overhear something like that. I would have a hard time not commenting though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure what I would have said.

      Delete
  8. Heh! I've overheard things and seen looks that have made me wonder but never anything that obvious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either, at least until this happened.

      Delete
  9. LOL Dana, :) What an interesting grocery shop that must have been! Thanks for sharing.

    I was at the beach yesterday and I have a little tiny bruise from a spanking recently. I asked Rob to check and see if it looked... He said it was fine. Then I started wondering about other people on the beach. There were people everywhere and it was kind of fun listening all around to the banter. Heard and witnessed some very respectful, sweet couples and many not so much. LOL! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to people watch. It's amazing how much you can pick up about a couple's relationship just by watching for a while.

      Delete
  10. Sorry I am late on this one, I agree it does seem to be everywhere lol! I think I feel sorry for the woman they were talking about though because I would be totally MORTIFIED if Clark ever told people (other men especially) that he spanks me...two of my "real life" friends know but their husbands do not. Clark was totally cool with me telling my friends but felt the same way about the husbands not being brought into the loop even though he is great friends with both men. He said there are just things that guys don't discuss & spanking their wives is one of them lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That thought did cross my mind as well. I can't imagine Steve telling the guys that he spanks me

      Delete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.