Saturday, September 27, 2014

He Owes Me

I got a text from Steve a little while ago. It was short, just three words, but those three little words say a lot, especially in light of recent changes we have made in how we practice DD.


I owe you.


I wish I could say that was a good thing. I wish I could say it meant he's giving me a hall pass or something special for being good. But that's not what it means.


When Steve says he owes me, it's not a good thing. It means I've landed myself in hot water. It means we don't have the privacy or the time to deal with that right now. It means that the first available opportunity we get, I'll be face-down across his lap with his hand or an implement raining down fire on my backside.


As luck would have it, he's working all weekend. When he works, he's in bed before our daughter is, which means we won't have the time or privacy unless he gives up sleep. So I'm stuck waiting until Monday when he's off work and she's at school.


He owes me.


Yikes!



5 comments:

  1. Sorry you have to wait Dana...what in the heck did you do?

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He asked me to do something. I said I would, but forgot to do it. He let me off with a warning with the understanding it would be done the very next day. Then I promptly forgot it again. I think I need to restock my supply of post-its so I can go back to leaving reminder notes for myself.

      Delete
    2. Post-its are one of my favorite tools...I constantly leave notes for myself. I also have a notes app on my phone so that if I need to pick something up, I have that list with me when I'm out. Hope you got it done now!

      Delete
  2. Ugh Dana I'm so sorry you have to wait-waiting is so hard! Especially when it's coming because you forgot to do something-not an on purpose thing at all but still not ok...I'll be thinking of you & hoping he has an opportunity to take care of this sooner than Monday.
    Hang in there!
    Love,
    Scarlet ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scarlet. As it turns out, it was actually today before he took care of it. It almost didn't happen at all because I got a bit cranky when it didn't happen yesterday after I'd already waited all weekend.

      Delete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.