Monday, February 22, 2016

Pregnancy is Not a Get Out of Jail Free Card

Ever since we found out we had a baby on the way, Steve has been treating me like I'm made of glass. I'm not allowed to pick up anything heavier than a milk jug, and he even frowns on that. He won't let me stand on chairs to reach stuff anymore. He's after me to eat right, get plenty of rest and take my vitamins. Eating right is a challenge some days since morning sickness has me queasy, but I'm so exhausted I'm sleeping 14-16 hours a day.

He's also been extremely lenient, which has been a plus since hormones and generally feeling crappy means my attitude has been less than stellar. He even let me off the hook with only a warning when I hung up on him the other week, normally a sure-fire way to get a very unpleasant spanking.

As a result, I started feeling a bit invincible. When a mood swing hit, I rolled with it instead of trying to control it. Then I got feisty and started pushing a few buttons.


If I wasn't feeling so secure in the bubble of protection my pregnancy offers, I might have caught on to the fact that Steve was less than amused. Instead, I floated along thinking my bottom was safe, right up until last night when Steve informed me that pregnancy is not a get out of jail free card. He followed that up with an announcement that I was long overdue with a spanking, a situation he planned to rectify ASAP.

Yikes!

I would have preferred to just get it over right then, but that's not how Steve rolls. He told me that it was up to him, not me, to decide when it was going to happen and right now he just wanted to watch TV for a bit.

As it turns out, it ended up getting put off, at least temporarily. My morning sickness, which has only been queasiness so far, decided to kick it up a notch. One minute, I was laying beside Steve watching TV and anxiously awaiting the fate of my bottom. The next minute I was running for the bathroom.

Needless to say, he decided to postpone. Of course, that now means I have a spanking hanging over my head. Grrr!

7 comments:

  1. Ooh Dana...pregnancy was definitely not a get out of jail card for me. The only leniency he showed was using leather (stingy) rather than wood (thuddy). Hope you get the spanking soon and don't earn any more. Sending healing energy that the morning sickness ends soon.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. I'm still waiting to see what, if any, leniency he offers with the spanking. I got sick again Monday so he let me rest. Yesterday we were running around all day. Since today is our last day before he goes back to work, I have a feeling it will happen sometime today.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Dana on a new bundle on the way. Hope your morning sickness disappears quickly and you can get that spanking out of the way. good luck!
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe he'ss be easy with you for fear of upsetting your tummy. We can hope, but if I were you I'd watch it for a bit. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!!!! Now for the sp****** coming your way sorry about that.
    honey

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.