Thursday, April 21, 2016

Boy or Girl?

I had my echocardiogram earlier this week. I wasn't too worried about it since the doctor told me when he scheduled it that he was just doing it to be on the safe side and didn't anticipate it showing any problems. It was still a relief when the nurse called yesterday to tell me that everything looked fine. Hopefully now that the heart doctor has given me the all clear, the baby doctor will settle down.

A few days before I went in for the echocardiogram, the baby doctor called to set up an appointment. I was a bit surprised since we haven't heard a peep out of him since our last appointment and we were beginning to think he'd dropped us. As luck would have it, right after I scheduled the appointment, Steve found out his work schedule was changing yet again and he would be working the day of the appointment. Thankfully, his supervisor is a great guy and after Steve explained the situation, he worked it out for him to leave for a couple hours in the middle of his shift.

Our appointment is scheduled for this afternoon. We're really excited about this one because we will hopefully be learning whether we're expecting a boy or a girl. Steve is insisting it's a boy and our daughter is insisting it's a girl.

I'll be happy either way, but I have to admit I'm kind of hoping for a boy. For starters, we can't agree on a name for a girl, but have one picked out for a boy. I know Steve really wants a boy to carry on the family name. There's also the fact that there are no boys on my side of the family. I only have sisters and all us of have girls. It would nice to have the first boy. Plus those little suit and tie outfits are so darn cute.

I can't wait to start shopping. While I've browsed the baby section at several stores, I've been holding off on buying anything until we find out the baby's gender. In the meantime, I've been working here and there on getting the house rearranged so I can set up the nursery. It's slow going since Steve refuses to let me do anything remotely strenuous so I have to work around his schedule.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you that things are going well. Good luck today in finding out whether you'll be parents of a boy or girl. Either way, the baby will be very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dana, I'm sk glad to hear the good news on the echo, that is great news! Good luck finding out baby's gender, how exciting :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dana, I am so glad that the scan was okay. Good luck with the ultrasound
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea Dana! So happy to hear the echo turned out well and everything is going good with your pregnancy. Sending lots of prayers and positive energy!

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that things are going well. I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl. Stay healthy and happy

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.