Thursday, May 9, 2019

We're Still Going

Back in our early days of DD, I spent a lot of time over Steve's knee. I was lucky to make it more than a few days before getting spanked for something or another. I remember one memorable day when I got spanked three times. I can remember setting a goal to stay out of trouble for a month. At that time, it seemed like a huge goal.

When we brought back DD, I half figured it would be like that again. But to my surprise, something clicked right away. For the most part, I've managed to stay out of hot water. Strangely enough, it isn't something I deliberately set out to do. It just happened.

The real miracle of it all is that Steve was around most of the time. He got hurt at work the end of October, had surgery in December, then had some side effects from the surgery so he wasn't able to go back to work until the end of March.

Something you have to understand about me. I'm used to spending a lot of time alone. Normally Steve is at work and our daughter is at school, leaving me free to do my own thing on my own schedule during the day. So it was a bit of an adjustment having him here all the time.

To be honest, it was driving me bonkers at first. But we talked (yay for communication) and I explained to him that I function better when I get some alone time to recharge. So he made an effort to give me some space most days. He puttered in the garage or hung out with a friend that lives nearby.

There were some perks to him being home. He drove our daughter to school in the mornings, allowing me to sleep in. I'm so not a morning person so that was wonderful. Most days he did the afternoon pickup as well, leaving me free to do some things I normally wouldn't be able to because of the timing. It also gave him some much needed one-on-one time with our daughter, something he hasn't had a lot of over the years because he's always worked pretty long hours.

The problem came when he was finally able to go back to work. You would think that having things back to normal would make me happy, but instead I found myself cranky. And after stepping back into Miss Independent during the day, I was struggling to step back and let him lead when he arrived home each evening. Thankfully Steve showed a lot of patience and I got through the bumpy adjustment period with my hind end unscathed.

As for that goal I used to have about making it a month without getting in trouble, I not only hit it but exceeded it. It's been 4 months since I've been in trouble. I nearly messed that up this week when my rebellious side came out of hiding, but thankfully I managed to rein it in just in time.


  1. Hi Dana,

    It's great to see you post :)I'm sorry to hear about Steve's accident and lenthy recovery. Glad to hear he has recovered and back at work.

    I totally get needing time for yourself during the day. It sounds like there were pros and cons of Steve being home. It must have been a huge adjustment both having him home and when he returned to work. Good on you for managing to stay out of trouble!


  2. Dana,
    This is definitely a lovely show of how DD works well in your home. You didn't totally blow it and were able to see a side of yourself that doesn't belong in this type of relationship. Good for you! Also, needing alone time speaks volumes here. I totally need that as well and understand how that quiet recharges you. You know what makes you tick and that's awesome.


We love to hear what you think, but please be polite.